Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '87 Marathon Stuck Running

Hello people.

I have an '87 EZGO Marathon that is stuck running as soon as you turn the key.

Some back info:
    Cart is in poor condition, ie. rusty, ugly and such, but has run fine with little maintenance. Recently went dead electrically. Replaced solenoid, nothing happened. Today found some electrical connections that were bad / broken. Fixed them.

Problem:
    After the above fixes, all electrical components are working great. Starter is turning fine, has spark, etc. My problem is that as soon as you turn the key it starts running, even with the pedal in the up position. Its as if the pedal is bypassed.

What Ive tried:
    Opened relay, looks alright, but I'm no expert. Basically it wasn't stuck and seems in fine condition.

I cannot find the pedal switch on the diagram below. Ive traced every wire from diagram below and the only oddity is the wire I marked. It comes from the solenoid and plugs into the pedal switch. I do not see any other wires from the switch.

Anyone have any ideas or advice? This is driving me a little nuts. Thanks!!

Alright, so I was taking another look with a different diagram and it all made sense. I'd like to think I was right and the switch is not on the old diagram, but who knows.

Answer to my question:
    The accelerator contact switch was bypassed right to the solenoid. I looked closer at the switch and the bottom terminal had rotted off. I'm guessing this has caused a lot of problems for other people too. So some new wiring this weekend and all should be well. Hope this helps someone!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X