ezgo gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ezgo gas

I have a 1999 gas ezgo cart, when I start out it takes a few seconds before it will start to move. Also when I start to pull a hill it will slow down and then start to pull not sure what is

Sounds like the engine runs fine. Replace the belt and then go from there.
    Regards

Comment

I will try that and let you know. Thanks

Comment

Thanks Mattie for the info but that wasn't the problem, maybe I didn't give enough info. Every time I start the cart it acts as if I haven't started it for months, I put it in neutral and pull the choke and then it slowly revs up. As I put it back in gear and hit the gas it will slowly start to move as it revs up. Not sure what to try next.

Comment

Hmm you can try looking at the carburetor next. Seems like the engine is not firing up properly and this may be due to a dirty carburetor, or bad gas.
          Regards

Comment

I just put on a new carburetor on about a month ago thinking that was the problem, when I did that I also checked the fuel line and added new gas, the tank only had about a quart of gas. The fuel filter looks clean. Could it be the fuel pump?

Comment

check your valve clearence. all four valves should be set to .004 . if you want to check the fuel pump, pull the hose off the carb and turn the engine over and see if pumps.

Comment

I check my fuel pump no problem with it, also check the valves and all 4 are spot on. Any other things I can check before it goes over the hill?

Comment

Is it reving up before it goes or is it bogging down

Comment

Its a slow rev and slowly starts to move as it moves it starts reving high and moving faster, Its almost like it has no torque.

Comment

So, even in nuetural its slow to accelerate? Air, fuel , fire. Which is it that’s not letting your engine run properly. Hmmm. Does it ever reach high enough rpm’s that the govenor kicks in? Can you get it to rev up with the air cleaner off? You replaced the carb, visualy inspected the fuel filter, fuel line, and checked the fuel pump flow by pulling the line going to the carb. Then checked the valve clearance? Can you get it to rev by using your hand to open the throttle linkage at the carb? If so, your govenor might be the culprit. When you depress the gas pedal will the govenor call for full throttle or slowly open up?

Comment

Hey snopro thanks for the info the govenor was hard to move by hand. clean all moving cables runs a lot better but I have another question when I was checking the valve clearance I notice that the third valve from the driver side has more play in spring up and down than the other three.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        X