Weak Spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weak Spark

I run two 90's ez go carts on my farm. One is flawless the other has always been tempormental, needing valve adjustments and plugs, weak pulling up hills. I notice the spark is very dim when changing out plugs, my friends Yamaha really throws an arc. Is a very dim spark normal? I suspect I'm needing a rebuild but want to delay as long as can, when this cart cranks it runs pretty good, just a little weak uphill.

Hi, I'm brand new to GCF and joining up was prompted by a similar problem.
    My 2 cyl 4 stroke EH29C motor became sluggish for a while and not long after stopped running on one cyl. I checked both spark plugs (NGK BP5ES) and while spark was evident on both, they seemed quite weak (pale and small arcs) After checking which cylinder was not firing by feeling the exhaust manifold, I found an old pack of 6 new car plugs (Bosch W145T30) I had lying around and replaced the plug in the non firing cylinder with one of these and problem fixed. I was not overly concerned with the possible different heat ranges of the NGK and Bosch plugs as the state of tune of the cart motor and an older family sedan are not so different. I have changed both NGKs with the Boschs and all appears well. One other thing, be careful when fitting the plug leads to make sure they make a good connection. Hope it helps u.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X