82 ezgo feeling like it is slipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 ezgo feeling like it is slipping

Ok this is a freind of mine's cart he just bought, it didn't run so we pulled the carb off and cleaned it out and put a kit in the carb, drained the gas, put all new filters in and fuel lines, new spark plug. after several adjustments to the carb's float the carb doesn't push out gas from the vent hose now but when it starts it feels like it grabs but then slips, it will go but doesn't have any acceleration. the clutches look like they are opening and and the belt doesn't look bad, also the cover on the drive clutch is not there, looks like it has been ripped off. so 1. is there any adjustments that i have not done with having the carb off,2. is having the cover ripped off an issue that the clutch may have damage from crap getting in there causing the slipping. and 3any other info that you can throw out there for me on getting a cart running that has been sitting for a while. I am a car tech and have worked on boat motors so i think i have just enough know how to be dangerous, thank you in advance for any info!!

bump

Comment

anyone?

Comment

do the clutches work properly? front close and the rear opens? check the "shoes" (3) on the rear clutch. if there gone or retaining bolt snaped off that will make it "slip"

Comment

did you check the #4 spark plug wire? made my tranny slip on #17 at augusta. ever since, i've ran diesel

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X