Ezgo belt adjust ment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ezgo belt adjust ment

long story short I had 1 golf cart and the oil pump went out and it overheats I found another cart that needed a rear end I switched it out with mine amd now as soon as I press the gas it moves with the eletric starter motor the new cart has what looks like a aftermarket clutch says comet duster it didnt have a belt so I used my other one the other cart didnt do this do I need a different belt or is there an adjustment its not really tight if I turn by hand it dosent catch but with motor it dose its a 92 2 stroke thanks

Um hard to say.... but I would look into replacing with an OEM clutch and get the correct belt while you are ordering that. A lot of clutches are adjusted internally, and you have to deal with spring pressure and all types of stuff, you may need a press.
    Regards

Comment

sounds like the front clutch (drive) it already closed. it should be open till sentrifical force closes it. this is causing the movement your talking about. open it by "taping" it open.

Comment

I'm confused. Does it start and run, but starts moving before the engine starts?
        Model Year: 1994
        Make/Model: GX444 4-cycle Gas Marathon
        Serial # 810988
        Manuf Code G1794

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X