96 ez go -- p.o.s !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 ez go -- p.o.s !!!!

maddi, i've been working on carts for 10 years now. i have a 96 ez-go workhorse st350. just rung it, new guides and seats. lapped valves ect. did leak down test.( none leaking). tanked disassembled carb. reassembled , installed. set valves to .04. timing is on. cart runs ok but wont rev or get past half throdel. if you open it up it backfires thru carb. checked all basic stuff. any idea's?

Somehow someway timing is off something 180 out

Comment

if timing marks are all lined up, pistons at tdc, how is it possible for it to be out and still run? if so...... pull the belt & turn wich gear? cam or balancer?

Comment

Okay Don't just change things Check it first Rotate engine buy hand and follow which valve is opening when you also need to know when the plug is firing not all engines will run 180 out. Could also be week intake spring. I was giving examples not saying it was 100 percent that. My first post have 2 things in it 1 was timing is off
        Updated by gaminde; February 24, 2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

To better answer your question you have a top dead center for exhaust and firing and your cam and or valves open and close for the above you need to make sure you're firing on the right stroke. Also when setting your marks Make sure you rotate the engine in the directions it turnes when aligning els sometimes you can be off a little.

Comment

i have done all that while it was still on the bench for the third time....right after the intake valve closes the notch passes by the pulse coil, then exaust stroke ect.. then goes thru same for the next cyl. i've had this cart for 2 weeks now. had motor out 3 times. tore it allthe way back down just to double check MY work. i've had brain farts before. checked all connections on my electronics, grounds, ect... tanked carb, sprayed carb cleaner thru all passages, both ways. just stumped & looking for someone thats had the same problem. any input would be appreciated.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X