new at this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new at this

hi i am new to carts. just bought a 2003 ezgo txt gas engine cart. the engine turns over but will not start, where do i start? it has spark and fuel.

moved to EZGO gas
    Regards

Comment

does it have compression? Take out the spark plug and put your thumb over the hole and try stepping on the gas does it blow off your thumb if it does you have good compression. If it doesn't look at the rings/valves.

Comment

thanks for the quick responce. i checked for compression when i checked for spark seems pretty good . from what i have been told the cart wes running when it was laid up about 5 or6 months ago i will take the carb apart and do a good claening next. should i check the valves? and if so where can i find how to? thank you

Comment

sorry for posting in wrong place.while i am mechanicaly incline i am a computer idiot, this is the first time i attempted to post any thing.

Comment

Posted earlier by imneck View Post
            sorry for posting in wrong place.while i am mechanicaly incline i am a computer idiot, this is the first time i attempted to post any thing.
            You're doing fine, keep up the posting and it will become easier for you.

BTW to GolfCartsForum hope you enjoy it here!
            Updated by dougmcp; January 31, 2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Dont be sorry, moving threads is in our job description
              Regards

Comment

I know I am probably going to get killed for posting this link but I used it this weekend for a normal person it would probably take them 10 minutes. i think i was being over cautious and double check my work.

http://www.********************/ezgo...djustment.html

Comment

looks like the link is not working. is their any thing i might need to know before i take apart the carb?

Comment

i have seen a few post about timing questions,do these engines jump time?is this something i might need to look at?

Comment

looks like the link is not working. is their any thing i might need to know before i take apart the carb?
                      Before dropping the bowl, make sure you get ready to look carefully at now things are in there especially the needle for reassembly. Make sure you take out the jet and clean that out aswell. You might find this interesting http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...r-diagram.html

i have seen a few post about timing questions,do these engines jump time?is this something i might need to look at?
                      Not really unless your timing belt tensioner is on the fritz or your belt is extremely worn out and stretched. You may find this book interesting http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...uild-book.html
                      Regards

Comment

Thank you matti you rock

Comment

ok cleaning the carb did not work,but i did manage to break the screw with the plastic pointer on it can not find the name of that peace,what is it?still no start?

Comment

Check the valves. They should be set to.004 . I know I should like a broken record with this, but one valve out of adjustment and those motors do all kinds of goofy thing

Comment

up and running, i did a compression check,both cylenders had about 60 psi, i poured a little 2 stroke oil in the cylenders the compression jumped to about 130. replaced the plugs and it fired right up. thanks for the help.

Comment

is the compression still at 130 psi?

Comment

compression is still around 130 and the cart is runnning fine

Comment

Matti,,, I need help. I have posted over 5 post, I would like to start a thread or ask someone for help with a manual, but my account has not been updated. Thanks for handling this for me...

Comment

imneck,,,, should the compression be at about 130 psi?

Comment

Posted earlier by hvald1 View Post
                                        Matti,,, I need help. I have posted over 5 post, I would like to start a thread or ask someone for help with a manual, but my account has not been updated. Thanks for handling this for me...
                                        It should take effect within an hour or so of your 5th post if the server is keeping up with the activities.
                                        You can start a thread regardless of the number of posts you have.

Comment

got it Bro..... thanks a million!!!

Comment

Posted earlier by hvald1 View Post
                                            imneck,,,, should the compression be at about 130 psi?
                                            That is fine
                                            Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                            X