clutch removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch removal

is there a trick to removing the clutch and starter pulley 295 cc engine.I need to get timing cover off and i don't think its coming off without taking it off.
    Updated by cm4dux; January 29, 2012, 02:52 PM.

Posted earlier by cm4dux View Post
    is there a trick to removing the clutch and starter pulley 295 cc engine.I need to get timing cover off and i don't think its coming off without taking it off.
    You can get the timing cover off, however once you bend it off you need to straighten it back and cut a notch in it. To remove the drive clutch, you need EZGO's clutch puller.
    Regards

Comment

Thanks Matti

Comment

Does anyone have an EZGO clutch puller they are willing to rent?

That was a really dumb question ... I posted this before I learned how simple the pullers really are and how they work. I envisioned a huge 3 jaw puller or something similar. It should not be too hard to make one. One important thing seems to be getting a rod of a sufficient diameter to not damage the threaded hole in the end of the crankshaft.
        Updated by jmrozier; February 8, 2012, 06:05 AM. Reason: Update on a really dumb newbie question
        Model Year: 1994
        Make/Model: GX444 4-cycle Gas Marathon
        Serial # 810988
        Manuf Code G1794

Comment

I made one out of I believe it is a 3/4" fine tread bolt and like you said a piece of rod. I have it at work, if you still need dimensions let me know and i will get them. It actually works better than the factory puller if it’s a 94 medalist or newer.

Comment

To my last post... This is if its a factory clutch. If it has plastic cover that is a differant puller.

Comment

I also made my own worked slick

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X