Carb screw with plastic limiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb screw with plastic limiter

Ok it looks like from other posts this is an air/fuel mixture screw (the one on top of carb with limiter). Its on an 03 TXT with the 295...well I broke it off cleaning the carb. Will it stay put where it is or rattle out? The cart is lifted with some mild trail riding. Also the only screw I see online is a "pilot screw" without the limiter and a slotted head...no jam nut...which makes me think the broken one should stay put. Is this the screw that people say should be "lightly seated and backed out 1 1/2 turns"?

this one:
    http://www.shopezgo.com/products/Car...roduct_id=2857

Red
    Updated by RedRooster; January 19, 2012, 06:46 PM.

Red, yes and there should be a spring between the screw and carburetor to prevent it from vibrating out.
    Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
      Red, yes and there should be a spring between the screw and carburetor to prevent it from vibrating out.
      I thought the same thing but if he broke the screw trying to take it out and it is seized in there it probably won't go anywhere, right?
      The only problem will come when it's time for cleaning or rebuilding, yes?
      I'm an electric guy so I may be full of hot air.

Comment

Thanks, I broke it while holding the carb taking the bowl bolt out..snapped from the side. It definitely moves so its not seized. I still have the spring, but was wondering if the screw in the link will work as a replacement. Matti, is this the screw that gets seated and backed out 1.5 turns? And I guess it will rattle out without the spring pressure holding it? Thanks again.

Comment

Ok, So the screw has moved since...its screwed itself in a bit and I can see the point of it sticking inside the carb opening...didnt see this before. I noticed in my parts book that this screw isnt available separately. Would this be contributing to it running crappy? I also noticed while cleaning the carb that the pilot jet is a #42 and the main jet is a #82...are these correct for that model (03 txt..lifted..governor adjusted)? Would a higher jet number help with power on hills and such? Im pretty new to the whole cart world...sorry for all the questions. I searched, but didnt see exactly what I was looking for...but saw that some of you are guru's. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X