eh29c rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eh29c rebuild

Hi I am thinking I need to rebuild my 94 ezgo with a robins eh29c It wont start and I have checked the carb, fuel flow, the valves are at .004, plugs are good, good spark, new pcv valve but it seams to be blowing a lot of fuel back out of the carb. I figure it needs valves, is it worth doing the pistons and do you need to have the cylindors bored. And then if I go that far how about the crank?

Hi tspeed. How much compression do you currently have?

I dont think you need valves, the cylinders dont move up enough to bend them. It may be more like rebuld with rings and seals, along with valve guides.

If they make an aftermarket larger cylinder and you want more speed go for it, you can also upgrade the 295cc to 350cc by switching the head and a couple small things.
    Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
      Hi tspeed. How much compression do you currently have?

I dont think you need valves, the cylinders dont move up enough to bend them. It may be more like rebuld with rings and seals, along with valve guides.

If they make an aftermarket larger cylinder and you want more speed go for it, you can also upgrade the 295cc to 350cc by switching the head and a couple small things.
      I just ran the test's
      #150 right #160 left
      10% leakdown on both cylinders the only air came through the crankcase breather.
      So I didn't see any reason for a rebuild. After thinking I locked the peddle down and felt the exit on the muffler. Even with full throttle there was no air pressure at the end of the pipe. So I removed the muffler at the header and the thing runs and even idles. Put pipe back on and nothing....
      Have you ever heard of the muffler becomming pluged I can't see anything but I will run a wire up it next. I can't belive there is any packing inside.

Comment

Posted earlier by tspeed View Post
        Have you ever heard of the muffler becomming pluged I can't see anything but I will run a wire up it next.
        A plugged muffler is a pretty common problem, I would wait for some suggestions from the gas guys here.

Comment

oops, I thought I responded to this one.

It happens, but more likley with the 2 cycle carts. Have you been burning oil for a while???

Before you go out and buy a new muffler, try the easy way and get your fire wood out and start a nice campfire going, throw in the muffler. Only solution to burning out the gook inside. Dont try to roast marshmallows while the muffler is in there, they will taste like oil. Don't ask how I know this...

The hard way would be cutting open the top and pulling out the stuffing, rewelding.
          Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
            oops, I thought I responded to this one.

It happens, but more likley with the 2 cycle carts. Have you been burning oil for a while???

Before you go out and buy a new muffler, try the easy way and get your fire wood out and start a nice campfire going, throw in the muffler. Only solution to burning out the gook inside. Dont try to roast marshmallows while the muffler is in there, they will taste like oil. Don't ask how I know this...

The hard way would be cutting open the top and pulling out the stuffing, rewelding.
            First off thanks to you guys for getting back to me. I just bought this off a dealer that had taken it on trade not runing. And the last thing I expected was a plugged muffler on a 4-stroke.
            The muffler was plugged it seamed to be mostly in just the small tube on the outlet. And I did the redneck rebuild campfire trick last night. So I will see how it goes.
            The gas in it was green when I got it so who knows they might have been putting oil in it...
            With 150# compression I hate to tear it down for rings, I will have to do the test's again it was plugged hard.
            Thanks again

Comment

Posted earlier by tspeed View Post
              First off thanks to you guys for getting back to me. I just bought this off a dealer that had taken it on trade not runing. And the last thing I expected was a plugged muffler on a 4-stroke.
              The muffler was plugged it seamed to be mostly in just the small tube on the outlet. And I did the redneck rebuild campfire trick last night. So I will see how it goes.
              The gas in it was green when I got it so who knows they might have been putting oil in it...
              With 150# compression I hate to tear it down for rings, I will have to do the test's again it was plugged hard.
              Thanks again
              Sounds fishy.
              Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X