oil overfilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil overfilling

What are thesymptoms of overfilling EZ GO engine with oil? We have a 2007 EZGo that is used by many different operators that I believe do not understand the oil fill line on the engine. They check and fill the oil, as asked however it seems constantly over full. The plugs are constantly oil fouled, and as the engine gets warm it burns quite a bit of oil out the exhaust.

That is the exact symptoms. Drain the oil out and fill with 1.5 quarts (check the service manual on the exact amount i forget).

if you have a lift kit, the level will vary. You will still get smoke out the back for quite some time until the excess oil burns out of the muffler.
    Regards

Comment

Matti, I have a lifted cart and I changed my oil this weekend and ever since it is smoking bad. I think the manual called for 1 & 1/3 quarts but it ended up taking all 2 quarts before it hit the full mark. Did I overfill it? If that is the case how do I know how much to put in? Shouldn't the dip stick be accurrate?
      Updated by goody9825; January 30, 2012, 05:07 PM.

Comment

It's overfilled and will smoke with that much oil in it.

Comment

Posted earlier by goody9825 View Post
          Matti, I have a lifted cart and I changed my oil this weekend and ever since it is smoking bad. I think the manual called for 1 & 1/3 quarts but it ended up taking all 2 quarts before it hit the full mark. Did I overfill it? If that is the case how do I know how much to put in? Shouldn't the dip stick be accurrate?
          As Doug said, 2 is too much, drain and fill on flat land 1.5 quarts, mark the dipstick with this level, this is your new full level.
          Regards

Comment

Should I drain it or just let it burnt out? Will it damage the engine if I burn it out? Why on lifted carts does it not register properly?
            Updated by goody9825; January 31, 2012, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Posted earlier by goody9825 View Post
              Should I drain it or just let it burnt out? Will it damage the engine if I burn it out? Why on lifted carts does it not register properly?
              If you let it burn out, the oil will cake up in the muffler and give you a problem later on. The spark plugs will foul out, you will get a lot of sludge in the top end of your motor, and oil will start to pump up through the crank case breather tube and foil your air filter.

On lifted carts, it does not register properly because when you lift a cart it knocks the point of balance off. So the engine is not laying flush to the ground anymore. That is a reason why most lift kits are not "Ezgo Certified", because it throws off certain aspects of the golf cart that were once tested by EZGO, like the oil level.
              Regards

Comment

So it sounds like their is only one option, I appreciate you explaining which now makes mistakes. I appreciate all the help you have provided.

Comment

drained the oil and BAM no smoke, thanks guys for you help.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X