89 2cycle engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 2cycle engine

If the fuel pump is pumping gas wouldn't that tell you the crank seals are ok? Then if you are having gas issues it would all be carburation, correct or no? I'm just asking.

They all go bad after about 15 years. Put the engine at a steady idle, and spray carburetor cleaner at the seals on each side, if the idle changes your seal is sucking air.

And no, that wouldn't tell you that the crank seals are bad unfortunately.
    Regards

Comment

Once again thank you, I have some pretty serious carb problems to remedy before I can do that test. The throttle shaft is real sloppy and the idle mixture needle valve is missing. I'm in the process of re-bushing the shaft and I made a needle. Don't know if it will work but I've got nothing to lose. I had it running today even got to ride it a little. It was so contrary I decided to work on the carb first. Got the wiring straightened out and all the switches working. I only gave $75.00 for this thing, I don't want to throw good money after bad till I'm satisfied it is going to be worth it. Thanks again Bob

Comment

Posted earlier by gravero View Post
        Once again thank you, I have some pretty serious carb problems to remedy before I can do that test. The throttle shaft is real sloppy and the idle mixture needle valve is missing. I'm in the process of re-bushing the shaft and I made a needle. Don't know if it will work but I've got nothing to lose. I had it running today even got to ride it a little. It was so contrary I decided to work on the carb first. Got the wiring straightened out and all the switches working. I only gave $75.00 for this thing, I don't want to throw good money after bad till I'm satisfied it is going to be worth it. Thanks again Bob
        When buying a carburetor, get a OEM one from the dealer if you are going to. It is money well spent, as the aftermarket ones you get from golf cart suppliers are junk.
        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X