Cart "Pops" as I let off the throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cart "Pops" as I let off the throttle

I am not sure the exact name but my cart pops loud out the exhaust as I am slowing down. Why is it doing this? It is actually so loud that it scares people surrounding my cart. Tips will be very helpful.

check to make sure that the throttle is fully closed in the carburetor when the gas peddal is not pressed. If it is not sealed then you will get the problem you are describing.

Comment

yes you need to make sure as your just letting off the pedal the butterfly is just closing at the same time................if it stays the way there is a chance it will blow one of the crank seals...............................
      Tom
      if i didn,t like them so much i wouldn,t touch them...........

Comment

Also double check to see if you have any holes in the exhaust.Holes in the exhaust will suck air in to the cylinder and cause a back fire upon deceleration.If its doing it bad enough it can blow out gaskets and crank seals.

Comment

My 1984 two stroke used to do this and it was the idle screw was set too high. Backing off the screw stopped it. It did it once so bad that it did in fact blow the crankshaft seal out. Ended up having to walk home. I put the seal back in and staked it with a center punch.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X