bolt size for clutch 86 ezgo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bolt size for clutch 86 ezgo

Need to pull my clutch. Anybody have a bolt size to thread into the end of the clutch. Just looking at it I'm thinking 3/4" fine thread. Going with the two piece method for removing it.

Which clutch are you working on?
    Regards

Comment

Actually not sure. Think it's a comet. Heres what I know. Stuck a 5/8 rod inside the whole and it just fits with a little clearance. Used my calipers and measured the inside diameter at 17.30mm, (.680 in). I can't tell what the thread is but it looks fine. I'm not too up on metric but I think it's either a 1.0 or 1.5. I think I got the pulling part figured out, drop the 5/8 rod (about 4 in long) down the hole and thread the bolt in to pull the clutch off the shaft.

Glad I went this far, just got the flywheel off and found the oil seal in several pieces and it scarred the crank. Also lots of slop in the connecting rod. My guess is origional. Do you think the bolt is an 18mm?

Comment

Unfortunately you are not going to want to hear this, but, get the clutch puller. It is not just a bolt, it is hardened and tapered at the end. Built to hold up under the pressure and well worth the money. Doing it the home made way can leave you with an expensive crankshaft bill.
        Regards

Comment

Matti, thanks for the advice. Doing some research I think this is an origional G1 clutch. Do you know the size? My crank is trashed anyway, the connecting rod rocks back and forth about a 1/16 inch and the oil seal spring on the flywheel side cam out in pieces and cut a groove in the crank. So I'm in for a rebuild anyway. Any Idea on the thread and bolt size

Comment

Clutch off. Found my bolt 2" long, piece of 5/8 rod and 3 seconds with an impact wrench and the clutch popped off. Total cost $3.79 No $40 dollar tool, just a common bolt. If anybody tells you that you it's a job for experts their just stealing your money!

Comment

Posted earlier by rkgsmith View Post
              Clutch off. Found my bolt 2" long, piece of 5/8 rod and 3 seconds with an impact wrench and the clutch popped off. Total cost $3.79 No $40 dollar tool, just a common bolt. If anybody tells you that you it's a job for experts their just stealing your money!
              Thanks for the size as I was going to just say that I am not sure. Glad you got it off with out breaking anything! Not everyone can do this so anyone reading this should be warned that there is a risk of messing up your crankshaft.
              Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X