Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running pourly with a bunch of other good questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running pourly with a bunch of other good questions?

New to the forum. Looking forward to some good advice.

1993 Marathon with 295cc Fuji Robin.
    Takes forever to get started. If you only hold the gas peddle down half way it will start quicker but still takes way to long. Once it begins to run. its only on 1 cylinder at first then slowly the second cylinder with join in. It also back fires through the carb the whole time its trying to start. I have new plugs. Good fuel. Plenty of spark.

I would like to do a rebuild in the near future but need it thru the race season. What is the most cost effeicent company to buy the parts to do a rebuild.

I will probable bore it and put new pistons in it. Redue the top end and berrings and gaskets.

I can't see spending $1,000.00 like most of the sites I have rebuild kits. I just want to freshen it up.

I also remember someone had a better cam shaft for higher top end running, but can't find that link. does anyone have it?

One more thing does anyone have a pdf of how to do a rebuild on this with torq specs?

Sorry for so many questions.

I would like to do a rebuild in the near future but need it thru the race season. What is the most cost effeicent company to buy the parts to do a rebuild.
    Maybe try Buggies Unlimited. Also, if you would ratner not do the work, there are companies on ebay that allow you to send in a "core" and they will send you a rebuilt engine for a fee.

I will probable bore it and put new pistons in it. Redue the top end and berrings and gaskets.
    See if they make a larger piston kit. I am not sure weather they do or not.

I can't see spending $1,000.00 like most of the sites I have rebuild kits. I just want to freshen it up.
    You need to replace the rings, seals, valve seals, maybe new valves and guides and all new gaskets including the head.

One more thing does anyone have a pdf of how to do a rebuild on this with torq specs?
    Here you are http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...uild-book.html

Sorry for so many questions.
    So many? This is nothing!
    Regards

Comment

Matti

Thanks so much for the quick respons. I did see those motors on ebay and will be getting up with them this week.

Any thoughts on the poor running of the motor I mentioned in my post.

Yet another question. What should the valves be set at?

Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

Posted earlier by atomic13 View Post
        Matti

Thanks so much for the quick respons. I did see those motors on ebay and will be getting up with them this week.

Any thoughts on the poor running of the motor I mentioned in my post.

Yet another question. What should the valves be set at?

Thanks again for all your help.
        Did you or anyone touch the valves yet? Because usually if you leave them alone, it will always be fine. But usually it running rough is because the carburetor is dirty or no good, or that if the valves were previously adjusted, they need to be readjusted. Like I said, I wouldn't touch the valves unless you REALLY have to.
        Regards

Comment

Yes the valves were adjusted, so I will go ahead ad readjust them. The carb has been cleaned several times. I guess I will do it againg. Thanks

Comment

I can't see the engine rebuild diagram. Not sure how complicated it is to replace valve seals?

Comment

Posted earlier by BenjaminMSnyder View Post
              I can't see the engine rebuild diagram. Not sure how complicated it is to replace valve seals?
              Once you acquire 5 posts and time for the server to catch up, the tech sections will open up for you.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X