Engine rough at slow speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine rough at slow speed

I have a 97 gas txt which has been setting for 2 years. Basically all I have done is keep the battery in good shape. Took it out this spring but it would hardly run unless the choke was pulled out all the way. I installed a new carb, drained gas tank, put on new hoses plus tinkered with the carb a little. The result: runs very good at med to high speed, bucks like a bull at slow speed. Don't know where to start. Don't want to jump on the wrong thing and make matters worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello chaze10. If you purchased an aftermarket carburetor, they are usually very poorly made and give you a limited adjustment room on the fuel/air mixture setting.
    Regards

Comment

So what you're saying is you think the problem is with the carb. Is this correct? Will I be better off cleaning and repairing the old one? Do they even make rebuild kits for it? Would I be getting jets like what is on the old one or getting ones like I got with the new one? Your patience is appreciated. I don't know much and I know I don't know much.

Comment

Posted earlier by chaze10 View Post
        So what you're saying is you think the problem is with the carb. Is this correct? Will I be better off cleaning and repairing the old one? Do they even make rebuild kits for it? Would I be getting jets like what is on the old one or getting ones like I got with the new one? Your patience is appreciated. I don't know much and I know I don't know much.
        Yes. and yes try cleaning it. I assume you didnt purchase your carburetor at an EZGo dealer since they are nearly $400 OEM new. If cleaning it doesn't solve your problem, you might want to look on ebay for a OEM original used carburetor for your golf cart if you dont want to spend the price of a new one. I say this because I had the same exact problem, I did everything possible until I broke down and purchased a brand new carburetor (it had a crappy aftermarket carb on there) and fuel pump from the dealer. I cant say that will work for everyone, but it sure worked for me.
        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X