2000 EZGO runs fine and dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 EZGO runs fine and dies

I have a 2000 EZGO 2cyl that runs fine most all season. It will run fine for 4-5 holes, and then just not start at all. I'm not sure if its a coincidence, but it has done it a couple of times in the past after I fill the tank. After several attempts, choking, etc it will kind of sputter and begin to run fine again. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

During the winter do you leave the cart for several months with out starting it? Because it sounds like old gas gumming up in the carburetor. I would clean that out first paying close attention to the main jets (take it out and clean very well).
    Regards

Comment

I live in the midwest and do leave the car over the winter for 4+ months. This problem happened last summer and again this spring on my 2nd or 3rd tank of fuel. Its odd, it runs good otherwise.

Does the coil assembly just quit when they are bad or can it be intermittent, maybe after it gets hot and once it cools again it starts and runs??

Comment

Posted earlier by unplayable View Post
        I live in the midwest and do leave the car over the winter for 4+ months. This problem happened last summer and again this spring on my 2nd or 3rd tank of fuel. Its odd, it runs good otherwise.

Does the coil assembly just quit when they are bad or can it be intermittent, maybe after it gets hot and once it cools again it starts and runs??
        That would be a common problem of a bad ignitior. If I am not mistaken the ignitor is all part of the coil and can only be fixed by replacing the whole coil. To be more specific, when the cart quits can things like pulling the choke or playing with the throttle get it to run again...or will it only run again by letting it cool down?
        Regards

Comment

I think it is the coil/igniter. Last night it would not start again. I pulled a plug off and no spark. I tapped on the coil with a golf ball and the spark reappeared and it ran fine again. I think I'll try a new coil. I'll post the results. thank you.
          Updated by unplayable; May 3, 2011, 07:38 AM.

Comment

yep let me know
            Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X