EZGO 2 stroke problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZGO 2 stroke problem.

I'm new to the board and I have very little knowledge when it comes to golf carts so excuse my lack of knowledge please.

I've got a 87 or 89 EZGO 2 stroke. We can't get it running my mechanic is pretty good so I trust that it isn't worth fixing.

My problem is this I've already had it custom painted(pink) and the seat/head rest have been recovered(black and white poc a dot) for my wife. I know I should've got it running first but both jobs were done for material cost only and the guy was retiring so had to go about it backwards.

Here is my questions: Can I take the body off of it and put it on another running golf cart, if so what make and model?

How much $ and how hard will it be to drop another moter in it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

ezgo 2 stroke problem

I'm new to the board and I have very little knowledge when it comes to golf carts so excuse my lack of knowledge please.

I've got a 87 or 89 EZGO 2 stroke. We can't get it running my mechanic is pretty good so I trust that it isn't worth fixing.

My problem is this I've already had it custom painted(pink) and the seat/head rest have been recovered(black and white poc a dot) for my wife. I know I should've got it running first but both jobs were done for material cost only and the guy was retiring so had to go about it backwards.

Here is my questions: Can I take the body off of it and put it on another running golf cart, if so what make and model?

How much $ and how hard will it be to drop another moter in it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comment

Hello, you can only put the body direct bolt on to the same look of cart. You can retrofit it onto any golf cart frame if you had the time. What is the engine doing on your golf cart now, are you getting spark and do you have compression?
      Regards

Comment

My next door neighbor worked on it first, he is more electric than gas though. He got it running though. He rebuilt the carb and put new plug in. It ran but wasn't right, you could get in the gas and it would sound like it wanted to stall about 3 hits and all of a sudden take off. Kinda reminded me of an old 2 stroke dirt bike hitting its power band. I know that probably doesn't make sense to you sorry. I've got it a shop in another town, he has had it forever said he can't fix it. I'm going to call him today and try to get the actual problem.

Comment

Sounds like a carburetor problem, let me know
          Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X