2006 Club Precedent - losing power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Club Precedent - losing power

We've had our Club Car for about 2 years. New batteries were installed when we purchased (4 - 12V). We have had no trouble with the cart until this past weekend. It had a full charge and the batteries were putting out the correct voltage but it would "stall" or lose power. I would let off the accelerator and then press again and it would go but it seemed to really slow down. I checked all cables and connections.

We've had several strong storms and its been really wet. I was wondering if the dampness could have something to do with this issue.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or help.

If you have already checked all high current cables and cleaned battery posts and they all look good....Start by charging the pack and let sit for 12 hours after the charger turns off, then check the SoC (state of charge) SoC will tell you more about the condition of the pack. 50.93 VDC is 100% charged.
    You can also check each battery under load with a Digital Volt Meter while driving the cart connect the meter to each battery and drive it. Each battery should stay above 10.5VDC. This will help detect a battery with a dead cell.

Hope this helps...

Comment

Sounds like a bad speed sensor, with no signal they go into limp mode. With key on in forward get out of cart and push forward it should have resistance after about a foot or so.
      Also do the other tests above and we can give you a good idea of your carts condition.

Comment

i have the same problem you can keep pushing and there is no resistance. any ideas

Comment

batteries are good on volt test and load test

Comment

what speed does your cart go what year and type of cart.

Comment

Posted earlier by gaminde View Post
              what speed does your cart go what year and type of cart.
              2007 club car goes about 7mph

Comment

Speed sensor is most likely bad, my site speed sensor page test at bottom of page.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X