36v club car ID.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36v club car ID.

hello gentleman, im new to this forum and I do like what I see. this place is loaded with helpful info. I received this cart, cheap, because it had been through a flood some time ago. it ran for a good while after that but its dead in the water now. haha. what I need is to ID this cart and find some troubleshooting guides. please help if you can.
    the no. is 101753701 DS electric serial no. FRM 1021259
    thank you, terryb.
    ps. this cart uses a diode on the solenoid, im pretty sure its hooked up right, I know it has a positive end but I could be wrong...
    Updated by terryb505; September 29, 2013, 01:48 PM. Reason: more info

Posted earlier by terryb505 View Post
    hello gentleman, im new to this forum and I do like what I see. this place is loaded with helpful info. I received this cart, cheap, because it had been through a flood some time ago. it ran for a good while after that but its dead in the water now. haha. what I need is to ID this cart and find some troubleshooting guides. please help if you can.
    the no. is 101753701 DS electric serial no. FRM 1021259
    thank you, terryb.
    Terry I think the 101 number is a club car part number and the FRM is not a valid serial number here is a list of club car serial numbers http://gaminde.net/clubcar/man/clubcar_serials.pdf

Comment

sorry gaminde, I forgot to mention it is a club car. I checked the no. again and they are as I stated before am I right in assuming this is a 2001.
      thanks again for the help and all info.

Comment

sorry gaminde, I forgot to mention it is a club car. I checked the no. again and they are as I stated before am I right in assuming this is a 2001.
        thanks again for the help and all info.
        Your going to need to take pictures I think your looking at the wrong tag DS carts start with A in the serial number look at the list I sent, these are club car model designations.
        pictures of controls, dash and overall cart

I looked up the part number that is a frame only part number not the completed cart. frame = fme
        http://www.golfcartpartsdirect.com/e...101753701.html
        Updated by gaminde; September 25, 2013, 04:04 PM.

Comment

hey gaminde, you were right again, this set of numbers came from the tag located on the inside frame near the rear right wheel. any ideas where the model id tag are? i'll keep looking.
          thanks again, terry

Comment

FOUND IT, the number is behind the plastic key switch cover. A0043-949726 anything you can tell me about this would be great, year ect.
            thank again, terry

Comment

hey gaminde, you were right again, this set of numbers came from the tag located on the inside frame near the rear right wheel. any ideas where the model id tag are? i'll keep looking.
              thanks again, terry
              dash glove box area post pictures like I said earlier does this cart have a controller what type of forward and reverse switch does it have give us something to work with.

Comment

You have a 2000 DS Electric Club Car. There are three electric DS golf car models, 36 volt v-glide, powerdrive 48 volt and powerdrive plus 48 volt. Count the number of cells in one of the batteries, 3=6 volt and 4=8 volt. As Gaminde mentioned pictures would help with identifying the drive system, then someone can point you in the right direction for troubleshooting "dead in the water". Also, the club car website has a resources tab, select owners manual and then enter the serial number and it will allow you to download a owners manual for your cart. http://www.clubcar.com/homeowner/pages/homeowner.aspx
                Post some pictures of the battery compartment and f/r switch.

Hope this helps.

Comment

hello guys, I have determined that this is a 2000 club car,36v ds model. after some trouble shooting I found a bad micro switch in the v-guide accelerator and the brush to be near the wear limit so I replaced the v-guide as a unit. after connecting everything back I turned the key on and placed it in forward, applied the pedal and heard a frying noise. it melted the nc2 prong off the switch. the switch seems to be ok inside after I opened it up. does anyone have any suggestions as to why id did this? everything looks to be connected right. im stumped.
                  please help,
                  terry

Comment

. it melted the nc2 prong off the switch. the switch seems to be ok inside after I opened it up. does anyone have any suggestions as to why id did this? everything looks to be connected right. im stumped.
                    please help,
                    terry
                    is this the switch in the vglide? Does the vglide have 6 gauge wires colored black, blue, green, yellow, orange and white? And a small gauge black and green?

Comment

yes its the switch in the vguide with those colored wires

Comment

white or silver stripe on diode should be on the yellow wire. attached wiring diagram. if the diode is on backwords the terminal on the switch was the weakest connection and burnt it off...?
                        Attached Files

Comment

this one shows more detail of solenoid and diode.http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...g-diagram.html

Comment

thank you wthompson, my diode was hooked up backwards. I will install it correctly, replace the micro switch and try it again. this may take me a couple days to complete and I will post my results.
                            thanks again everyone,
                            terry

Comment

Well i pulled a big boner, i switched the diode around, replaced the micro switch in the v-guide controller and after connecting all cables i tried it again with the same results. it fried the micro switch. after i calmed down i found that i forgot the smaller diameter red cable that goes to the forward/reverse switch that connects to pos. on battery no. 1.
                              my question is leaving this cable off would it also cause the micro switch to fry?
                              thanks everyone for helping this newie out...
                              terry

Comment

not sure about what is going on... take some pictures of the wiring and post them... the limit switch on the f/r switch controls the + from battery pack and the limit switch at v-glide controls the - from battery pack to control the solenoid.

Comment

hello, I've replaced the micro switch in the v-guide controller. trying to perform " test no.4- accelerator pedal limit switch". the batteries are disconnected in the 3 spots as per the instructions at no. 1, 4 and 6 battery. micro switch hooked up with green wire from small post of solenoid to (nc) terminal and black hooked up also. placed + probe of continuity meter on green wire at solenoid and - probe on neg. post of batt. 6. when I depress the accelerator pedal I should have continuity but I don't.
                                  any suggestions
                                  terry
                                  ps. what is the snubber and its purpose? it has a black and red wire coming from it to the large posts on the solenoid.
                                  Updated by terryb505; October 3, 2013, 12:26 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Check resistence from battery 6 negative to NC terminal on micro switch with pedal pressed. Also check from green on solenoid back to NC on switch, check the black wire from switch to F/R to battery 6 negative.You either have a bad switch, bad connection, or broken green or black wire. The diode should be repaced.

The snubber helps prevent arcing inside the solenoid between the contacts and helps prevent them from welding together in the "on" position.

Comment

club car is running... i had to replace the solenoid, the key switch and the v-guide controller. the key switch had alot of corrosion in it. v-guide wiper arm was down to the wear limit plus the micro switch was bad. also replaced all battery cables. i spent alot of time tracking down these problems since i'm new to golf carts. i could not have successful without all the help i received from this forum. i want to thank everyone who answered my questions. i will check back occasionally just to see what new..
                                      thanks again,
                                      terryb

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                      X