Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Club Car Wont Run

Hello,
    My dad purchased a refurbished club car from a dealer a few years back. From the first day we've had charging issues and now the cart wont run.

The serial number is AQ0416-384100 and based on that I believe the cart is a DS Electric IQ 48v Regen.

Shortly after we purchased the cart it wouldn't charge. The dealer gave us a small charger (Powerdrive2) to jump start the charge. After 30 minutes we were told to plug in the regular charger (Powerdrive). Seemed suspicious but worked for awhile.

Recently the cart would not run and had a full charge. I decided to bring it home to troubleshoot. I checked voltages for the batteries, tow/run switch and solenoid, all seemed fine. I was getting ready to test the OBC and ran across a post about resetting the OBC. I tried it and it worked. The cart worked fine for a month or so and then stopped working. I tried resetting the OBC with no luck.

I decided to replace the OBC but had some concerns.

1. Did the charger cause the OBC failure or were the two chargers needed because of the OBC? I ask because I read the OBC controls charging.

2. Do you think the Powerdrive charger is defective? I believe it should be able to sense the low battery voltages and therefore I wouldn't need the Powerdrive2 for jumpstarting the charge.

3. The Lester OBC part number 21155-02 has been replaced, can someone please tell me the correct replacement number?

If there's anything else you think I should check please let me know.

Thanks for the help!

well it looks like you have done your research, go ahead and replace OBC. This is a common problem and sounds like it was flakey from the start. You must have 36 volts in the pack for the charger to turn on.

Comment

The part is on order. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X