Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 club car ds

Hey guys,

I've had my DS for the summer and I have had no issues. Though I have had an intermittent problem where sometimes the accelerator would do nothing, but after pressing a few times would re engage. I followed the service manual and ruled out everything until I got to solenoid. I the jumped the solenoid and she runs. Is it just the solenoid? Or is it possible it could be something else? What should I do. Where can I get a new solenoid? Can I get one at Napa?

Could be just the solenoid or it could be the circuit that operates the solenoid. Do you hear a click when depressing the go pedal? And no NAPA will not likely have it cause its 48v.
    http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/Golf...lenoids/141238

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I get no noise at all. It's not key switch or that switch on the F and R switch. I tried hitting solenoid with hammer and nothing. How can you test a solenoid?

Comment

Guess we need a bunch more info. Is it a DS IQ cart 48v? Is this the wiring diagram? http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...g-diagram.html Cause if it is there are many things that control the solenoid. It could be the fuse, tow/run switch or even the IQ controller. I am not that familiar with the DS IQ but can muddle through the wiring diagram.

Comment

Hopefully someone more familiar with the cart can help ya. I will be out of town for the next 10 days. Good luck!

Comment

Here is the tag off my cart. I'm hoping to get the solenoid and try it. But I would love to know if there is something else I could check b4 I spend the money. Any help would be great.

Just a couple pics so u can see what I'm workin with.

Comment

Well if the rusty looking thing with wires attached is your solenoid at least take it off and wire brush it and clean it up good then we can talk.

Comment

will do. i have a local Golf Cart Expert a couple towns over, i called today to get a replacement solenoid, and he said "come on by and grab it, i will leave it in my mailbox. you can pay me next time you around area, if it works. I think its the right one, any 36v solenoid should work!"

Do i trust him and try to use this "new" solenoid he gave me?

Thanks for your help.

If not, should i just clean the old one and then re-install it? Thanks Gaminde

Comment

Here is the new solenoid I got today from the guy who said he wasn't sure if it was "right", but said its a 36v solenoid and there should be no issues, "that's all that matters"

Will I be ok if I try to install this solenoid? Or should I get the correct one?

Comment

Well it says 5A and 5 amps is not large enough so do a Google search on the part number and let's see what the contacts are rated for you need probably 80 amps or higher to test with.

Comment

I looked it up and its rated at 30amps, that's low! it would work for testing not sure how long it will last, and most likely will get hot.

just order one and clean yours in the meantime

Comment

More info I think your problem is in the mcor not the solenoid but after seeing the solenoid who knows its nasty and something needs to be done, there are two plugs going to the mcor the two prong plug is the switch and if you jump the plug after removing it from the mcor this should test this idea.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        X