2003 club car IQ service manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 club car IQ service manual

Just got a new cart and having some controller/obc/charger issues. anyone have one?

On my site, IQ is my specialty what's the problem

Comment

the cart came with a powerdrive charger and it will not turn off even after 16 hours+. i have a powerdrive 2 charger that i plugged in and it turns on after abour 3-5 seconds and then off then back on and stays on (OBC charger on/off control works). the PD2 was off after i got home but i don't know how long it took to finish charge or if it stopped after 16 hours. The pack voltage was at 51.1vdc. Also, i load tested batteries and they are all good and less than 6 months old by date code. i have also tried to reset the OBC. The powerdrive and powerdrive 2 are basically the same right? OBC controls charger.

Comment

Also, cart accelerates good but sometimes it will take off then stop, keep pressing teh pedal and it will jump then stop and so forth. intermittent and can't get a handle on it....

Thanks for your help!!

Comment

Posted earlier by wthompson View Post
          Also, cart accelerates good but sometimes it will take off then stop, keep pressing teh pedal and it will jump then stop and so forth. intermittent and can't get a handle on it....

Thanks for your help!!
          for this problem I would unplug the two prong plug at the mcor install a jumper and drive it see if it drops out, also on the early carts they do not have the diode in the run tow switch circuit this can also cause drop out.

Comment

Posted earlier by wthompson View Post
            the cart came with a powerdrive charger and it will not turn off even after 16 hours+. i have a powerdrive 2 charger that i plugged in and it turns on after abour 3-5 seconds and then off then back on and stays on (OBC charger on/off control works). the PD2 was off after i got home but i don't know how long it took to finish charge or if it stopped after 16 hours. The pack voltage was at 51.1vdc. Also, i load tested batteries and they are all good and less than 6 months old by date code. i have also tried to reset the OBC. The powerdrive and powerdrive 2 are basically the same right? OBC controls charger.
            basically yes they use different transformers and different diode packs, so you're most likely have one of two problems the relay is stuck on, or one diode is open not giving your pack full voltage and the OBC does not shut off. on my site under parts the relays are about $4.00.

Comment

Posted earlier by gaminde View Post
              basically yes they use different transformers and different diode packs, so you're most likely have one of two problems the relay is stuck on, or one diode is open not giving your pack full voltage and the OBC does not shut off. on my site under parts the relays are about $4.00.
              one more thing to try the gray wire from the charge receptacle unplugs at the OBC, un plug the gray wire and if the powerdrive charger comes on you know the relay is stuck on.

Comment

replaced diode assembly in charger and charger works.

Comment

Good news on the charger, whats going on with the cart dropout problem.

Comment

I'm not sure. intermittent problem but hasn't happened since i fixed charger and reset OBC.

Comment

I have an 03 club car DS 48 volt.Just bought it back in the summer.Everything worked fine ,I went out to hook the charger up about a week GO AND IT DIDNT COME ON.I tried the key I had no power at all.T he batteries are fully charged I checked.I would be thankful for any help you could give.I don loaded a repair manuel on this site but it was for the President and I have a DS.Is there any downloads for the DS

Comment

We will be glad to help.. Need two things...
                        1. Serial # of cart
                        2. battery pack voltage reading with a DVOM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        X