No Forward or Reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Forward or Reverse

I have and A8246 38061 36v electric club cart. I currently have no forward or reverse. Solenoid clicks in both forward and reverse but not movement. In the past it worked in forward with no special considerations, however, to go into reverse it would work smoothly sometime then other times you would need to go back in forth between neutral and reverse to make the connection. Now nothing (forward or reverse). Any help is welcomed. Something that might narrow down the problem; I tested the F&R limit switch and the only time it indicated positive flow was in neutral, nothing in F or R (tested with ground to battery and pos to both switch connection with the accelerator depressed).

Replaced the F&R limit switch w/o positive results. Also, cleaned terminals (controller, battery & solenoid & resistor area). From the wiring Diagram it looks like there are 4 solenoids...is that right? If so, could some be working and others not? How would you diagnosis a bad solenoid if there are multiple ones?

Thanks in advance, Joe

does this help
    Attached Files

Comment

I have more information about the problem:

All info provided is looking at the solenoid/resistor group and left to right

1) in forward position and putting a probe on the solenoid & resistor group I got the following:

solenoid/resistor 1-4 getting power .... 5th one no power (no power getting back to motor)
      2) in reverse position :

solenoid/resistor 5 getting power ........ 1-4 now power (no power getting back to motor)

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks gaminde. would you have a description for each identified #? Im trying to figure out the motor a1..a2 etc. post. These babies are alot more complicated than i would ever imagine.

joe

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X