Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A95##### Club Car losing power

My club car serial number starting with A95####
    I checked the batteries all batteries except one checks out at about 8.5 volts, the one is lower at about 5 to 6 volts. The one battery will charge up but one ride down the street and its down to 5 or 6 volts. Will one battery being down/bad keep the cart from preforming as normal

yes one battery will hurt performance. each cell in the battery is 2.0vdc. 4x2=8vdc. sounds to me like that one battery has a dead cell. have you checked it with a hydrometer.? how old are the batteries? you can replace just the one that is bad, but i would try and find one that is about the same age if possible.

Comment

The only battery i could find was a new one. The old ones are about 2 1/5 years old, but are consistant at 8.5 volts

Comment

i would replace with a new one then and keep them watered and charged.

Comment

to revisit this thread, now the charger isnt charging the batteries, when i plug in the charger i can hear it click but it doesnt seem to be charging, the needle on the charger doesnt seem to move and it doesnt hum like it used to. I am at a loss to what to check first.

Comment

The charger needs to see a voltage from the batteries to activate a relay inside the charger. The relay then turns on the charger. The click means the relay it operating, but not necessarily good. (common failure point) There should be a fuse or circuit breaker, check that first. Unless you have experience using meters and working with dangerous voltages don't open it up while plugged in. There are voltages inside that will kill you if you touch the wrong thing.
            It could be a problem in the cart or the charger depending on what year your cart is and the charging system wiring.
            See if you can borrow a charger to determine where the problem is at.
            Updated by Larry1950; July 24, 2013, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, went out this morning and plugged it in, worked just like it is supose to work, its charging now. I'm guessing that it did not have enough battery voltage to start the charger last night. My guess is after "resting" over night and (cooling off) there was enough voltage in the batteries to let the charger start.

Comment

hi new to forum but any help appr. i have a 98 cc 36 volt just replaced batteries and v glide brush runs but just slow and steady pace and very slow in reverse maybe i need to replace the whole v glide or does it sound like a resistor might be bad?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X