GPSI Inforemer unit issues/fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPSI Inforemer unit issues/fire

Anyone have any information regarding GPS inforemer units power adaptor units and fire???? As Director of Golf at Mirimichi (Millington, TN), we have experienced 3 fire/burnouts of these units and i am investigating this if anyone has any information, i would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this.

Thank you,
    Greg King

That's interesting what is going the power adapter or the informer itself, and are they being left on durning the charge cycle ( where voltages are going above 63 volts).

Comment

Posted earlier by gaminde View Post
      That's interesting what is going the power adapter or the informer itself, and are they being left on durning the charge cycle ( where voltages are going above 63 volts).
      The power adapter is what goes. Since the issues, we are having to remove all power to the gps system while they are on charge. If this has been a known problem, why was there not a switch built in to the wiring system initially?

Comment

maybe if you had wired your GPS system through the ignition switch this may not have happened. what is your primary voltage where you plug the Chargers in

Comment

I have so many questions there was no fuse in line, who hooked these units up, let's see a schematic on how to connect theses units

Comment

There was and is an inline fuse. GPS industries hooked these units up originally and there is no inline switch between the batteries and the controller.

Comment

Posted earlier by gregking View Post
              There was and is an inline fuse. GPS industries hooked these units up originally and there is no inline switch between the batteries and the controller.
              Ok now there is another alternative the relay used in the charger is about $5.00
              and could be installed in parallel with the charger relay hooked to the back of the charge receptacle and this could turn off the gps whenever the charger is plugged in. (I think)

Comment

two of the units were just sitting in the parking lot waiting for golfers to use them, and seemingly had nothing to do with charging. Meaning, they had been off charge for quite some time

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X