Club car 48 volt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club car 48 volt

Hi, Replaced 10 year old batteries in March, they were at 50+ volts,so I did not put on charger. Used very little for several days. Put on charger and the charger came on but kicked off the breaker . I have not been able to charge the batteries sense I put them in . The car kept getting slower and slower until in stopped ,still reads 36-38 volts, but still kicking off charger, tried another charger and it kicked it off to. , Changed out two of the batteries ,which had lower volts than others which were 6+ volts. . One thing, I failed to put the tow switch to tow before I changed batteries, and did had a spark when putting on the last cable. Could it be the OBC by not using tow switch. Please help. Max

It sounds like you may have reversed the polarity or miswired the charging inlet when installing the batteries. You did not mention what year or model to look at schematic. But I would start by checking the polarity at the charging inlet and make sure it matches the plug on the charger. The OBC on carts I have worked on controls ground to various components including a relay inside the charger. The so called fuses are really logic diodes. Recheck all your battery connections especially the ones going to charging inlet.

Comment

Thanks I will check them today. Its a 2003 Club car.

Comment

Thanks Larry ,checked out what you told me ,found a wiring chart for my cart and found that I had put the red wire form charging inlet to the wrong pos. on batteries. Was on the back one instead of the one going inside the motor compartment . Thanks a lot ,was about to give up. Thanks again Max

Comment

Glad it was simple fix. Its always a good idea to have a digital camera handy to take pix before starting a project.
          Updated by Larry1950; May 8, 2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Larry is correct about the photo, I am an amature gun smith and it saves a lot of issues with a photo! I am sure the same is true with a cart, especially for this newbie!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X