1996 48v Club Car DS wobble/vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 48v Club Car DS wobble/vibration

Hello everyone I just recently purchased a 1996 48v Club Car DS. The cart did not operate when I purchased it due to the fact that the batteries were in bad shape and 10 years old to boot. I have since bought new batteries and cables greased all fittings and it will run down the road. The kicker is I have a wobble or vibration and I can't seem to tell where it's coming from. I laid on the ground and had my wife drive by a few times to see if I could spot something but no luck. I am not sure if it is flat spots in the tires from sitting for so long or what any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

May need to jack up the rear wheels off the ground and run it watch the rear wheels, jack up front and spin the wheels, pull hard on the wheels check for movement. Check all the lug nuts on the wheels are good and tight. Could be wheel bearings, under inflated tires, steering worn.

Comment

A cart sitting for a long time will more than likely have flat spotted tires.

I agree with Larry's advice. There isn't much to these carts that can go wrong that will cause a vibration/shake like you describe.

I would also venture to say that the tires are original and beyond their service life.

Welcome to the group!

Comment

Thank y'all for the advice. I'm going to get some new tires and rebuild the front end.

Comment

Posted earlier by Samhardin View Post
          Hello everyone I just recently purchased a 1996 48v Club Car DS. The cart did not operate when I purchased it due to the fact that the batteries were in bad shape and 10 years old to boot. I have since bought new batteries and cables greased all fittings and it will run down the road. The kicker is I have a wobble or vibration and I can't seem to tell where it's coming from. I laid on the ground and had my wife drive by a few times to see if I could spot something but no luck. I am not sure if it is flat spots in the tires from sitting for so long or what any help would be greatly appreciated.
          Troubleshooting maneuver Might try rotating the tires and see if the problem changes.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X