2000 club car electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 club car electric

i have a 2000 electric club car that will go foward but will not go in reverse the soloniod clicks but it will not move in reverse. thanks for any advise on what to check!
    Updated by rat patrol; March 25, 2013, 10:10 PM.

i have a 2000 electric club car that will go foward but will not go in reverse the soloniod clicks but it will not move in reverse. thanks for any advise on what to check!

Comment

Rat patrol,
      The solenoid clicks because you are pressing the throttle. It doesn't care if you are in forward or reverse. You probably need to check the micro switch at your forward/neutral/reverse arm. I would start by doing a continuity check on the reverse micro switch with an ohm meter. If you are not getting continuity when you depress the switch then the switch is probably be bad and needs replacing. If the switch is operating properly then you have a different issue. I would check the micros switch first. Does your reverse horn sound (if you haven't disabled it) when you put it in reverse?

Comment

I have a 2000 club car 36volt and was wondering if there is a governor you can disconnect to make it go faster? if not how do you make it go faster?

Comment

Keriboyle - Assuming your batteries aren't failed or failing, there is no free-lunch to speed up electric carts - you could buy a kit which changes your cart to 48 volt (with a new charger) and it will go much faster - but its at least a $1000 "adventure" for the package. There really isn't much below $600 to $1000 which will make a noticeable difference in your speed.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X