underbody-front fascia removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underbody-front fascia removal

I am putting a new rear underbody/bagwell and front fascia on my 2008 club car precedent. I have all bolts and screws removed and am ready to pull them off. It looks like when you remove all bolts and screws that the fascia and underbody just pop out with some force. I am concerned about breaking something when I try to pop them off of my cart.
    Any help on a technique to get them off with out breaking where they are attached to the car would be appreciated. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Hi!
    Welcome to "GCF". Your right, do not try to force any of the panels apart. Because your a "newbie" I don't think you can open or download the the service manual that is available on this site. The system use to require at least five posts on the site before you are allowed access. Listed below is the removal procedure taken from the service manual for '04 and newer Precedents. I hope it will be helpful to you untill you can download the service manual. (Chapter 4)

FRONT BODY
    See General Warnings, Section 1, Page 1-1.

FRONT BODY REMOVAL
    1. Remove the four screws (2) and pull the brow cap (1) from the brow and fascia assembly (4) (Figure 4-1,
    Page 4-4).
    2. Pull the front beauty panel (3) up and away from the brow and fascia assembly (4), disengaging the snap
    tabs.
    3. If the vehicle is equipped with a canopy, loosen the canopy support cover then loosen, but do not remove,
    the front canopy support bolts. If there is no canopy, remove the non-canopy cover.
    4. Remove the five screws ( and lift the brow and fascia assembly (4) from the front underbody.
    5. Remove the five screws (7) to separate the front fascia (6) from the brow (5).
    FRONT BODY INSTALLATION
    1. Install fascia (6) to brow (5) with five screws (7). Tighten screws to 3.3 ft-lb (4.5 N·m).
    2. Install brow and fascia assembly (4) to front underbody with five screws (. Tighten screws to 1.8 ft-lb
    (2.5 N·m).

I could not copy and attach the illistraions that show a picture of each item. Again, I hope this helpful.................Keith

Comment

I think Matti did away with the five posts so download away or at least try.

Comment

thanks for the info Keith. I went back and there were two screws in back and two in front I had to remove and the front and back came off nicely.

Comment

Man there is some great info here

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X