2003 Club Car - New Batteries - Won't run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Club Car - New Batteries - Won't run

My 2003 Club Car was running, but slow, because of some bad batteries. Just replaced all 6 (8-volt) batteries with brand new ones. After they were installed, according to picture taken before removing old ones, and a hand-drawn diagram, the cart will not run. Checked the fuse and it is good. When the key is turned, it clicks, but when accelerator is pushed, get nothing. Lights work, but when put in reverse, no back-up buzzer sound. Is there more than one fuse in this cart? What else should we check? Can someone please help?

Two Questions
    1 did you put the tow/run switch in tow before replacing batteries??
    2 Is it in run mode now.
    3 does serial number start with AQ (sticker in glove box area)

so I lied its three
    Updated by gaminde; July 8, 2012, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Posted earlier by gaminde View Post
      Two Questions
      1 did you put the tow/run switch in tow before replacing batteries??
      2 Is it in run mode now.
      3 does serial number start with AQ (sticker in glove box area)

so I lied its three
      I see three fuses in the schematic does yours have all the turn signals defroster lights etc.

Comment

I think it was in Tow position when batteries were installed. It is in run mode now. Serial # starts with AQ. It has no turn signals or defroster lights, just headlights and tail lights.

Comment

Posted earlier by ladydilynn View Post
          My 2003 Club Car was running, but slow, because of some bad batteries. Just replaced all 6 (8-volt) batteries with brand new ones. After they were installed, according to picture taken before removing old ones, and a hand-drawn diagram, the cart will not run. Checked the fuse and it is good. When the key is turned, it clicks, but when accelerator is pushed, get nothing. Lights work, but when put in reverse, no back-up buzzer sound. Is there more than one fuse in this cart? What else should we check? Can someone please help?

See if you can trace down whats clicking when you turn the key on. The way you wrote it when I saw that something was clicking I was thinking the solenoid was working. Do you have a voltmeter and know how to use it
          Updated by gaminde; July 8, 2012, 07:58 PM.

Comment

It clicks when the key is turned on, but not when the accelerator is pushed. If, by chance, the cart was not in Tow position when batteries were installed, what would that cause?

Comment

Well the question was what is clicking

Comment

Posted earlier by ladydilynn View Post
                It clicks when the key is turned on, but not when the accelerator is pushed. If, by chance, the cart was not in Tow position when batteries were installed, what would that cause?
                You can blow the controller when hooking and unhooking the batteries. when you hooked up the last battery lead did you see sparks???

Comment

Thanks. That info helps a lot. As I recall there was a slight spark when the last battery was connected.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X