ugh! made more problems can someone help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ugh! made more problems can someone help

Ok I bought this 1991 electric cart and fter having it a few days it wouldn't move I found that the v-glide selector box was broke at the mounts. Being the chepo I am I took it apart put a big washer and bolt on it and bolted it to the frame. But what I didn't know I pulled the red wire off the micro switch and when I got ti all together nothing would happen. found the wire when I bumped it on the starter solnoid and it sprked. I looked online found where the wire went on the 3 prong micro swith on the v-glide selector its on the bottom prong hope it is right. put it back together and presto nothihng!!!!!!!! after messing around I got it to go in forward but the starter solonoid is clicking like crazy not sure why? then tried reverse and nothing not even the beeper would work? keep in mind it worked before I pulled the v-glide out to work on it. not I didn't un-hook any wires on it other then the one that goes to the mico switch. I did un-hook a couple on the starter solonoid.
    why do I not have rev? and rev beeper? why does the starter solonoid click while it drives in forward?
    now I checked the micro switch power voltage in forward and it measured 20vdc and in reverse it measured 6.5vdc now am I not getting enough volts to make it run right?
    any suggestions would be great and if I can get a wire diagram for it that would be great? if someone has one can you email me at cjpenny89@hotmail.com
    keep in mind it all worked before i pulled that damn wire off the v-glide. I pulled the green wire off the starter solinoid to help me get the v-glide up and I pulled the 2 white wires off the astarter solonoid same reasson to get more access to life the v-glide up. I put the green wire back on and the 2 white wires on the same post.
    hope you can help

Posted earlier by cjpenny89 View Post
    Ok I bought this 1991 electric cart and fter having it a few days it wouldn't move I found that the v-glide selector box was broke at the mounts. Being the chepo I am I took it apart put a big washer and bolt on it and bolted it to the frame. But what I didn't know I pulled the red wire off the micro switch and when I got ti all together nothing would happen. found the wire when I bumped it on the starter solnoid and it sprked. I looked online found where the wire went on the 3 prong micro swith on the v-glide selector its on the bottom prong hope it is right. put it back together and presto nothihng!!!!!!!! after messing around I got it to go in forward but the starter solonoid is clicking like crazy not sure why? then tried reverse and nothing not even the beeper would work? keep in mind it worked before I pulled the v-glide out to work on it. not I didn't un-hook any wires on it other then the one that goes to the mico switch. I did un-hook a couple on the starter solonoid.
    why do I not have rev? and rev beeper? why does the starter solonoid click while it drives in forward?
    now I checked the micro switch power voltage in forward and it measured 20vdc and in reverse it measured 6.5vdc now am I not getting enough volts to make it run right?
    any suggestions would be great and if I can get a wire diagram for it that would be great? if someone has one can you email me at cjpenny89@hotmail.com
    keep in mind it all worked before i pulled that damn wire off the v-glide. I pulled the green wire off the starter solinoid to help me get the v-glide up and I pulled the 2 white wires off the astarter solonoid same reasson to get more access to life the v-glide up. I put the green wire back on and the 2 white wires on the same post.
    hope you can help
    well its most likely a 36 volt cart, and you should be seeing 36 volts almost everywhere. now there is a wire from the batteries that goes to 18 volts for 1/2 speed reverse. I would go over all my battery connections and vglide to battery connections.

Comment

yes it is a 36 volt cart

Comment

ok I had a spare brand new forward reverse switch and I thought what the heck and I changed it and ruled out the forward reverse switch. I have no reverse or even the reverse beeper nothing what so ever. I can go forward but the started solinoid clicks like crazy. could the starter solonid be bad causing my problems? or is there part of the reverse circut bad?

Comment

Sounds like weak batteries or bad connection somewhere

Comment

what wires are part of the reverse cycle with the beeper actuation? If I can do that it might help.
            will a weak battery cause the starter solonoid to click? it has good power when driving.

Comment

ok I got it! I had the white wire that was suppose to go the battery to the charger port and had it hokked to the other white wire on the starter solonoid!!!!!!!!!! I am glad I found a wire diagram! Now just have to figure out why the back up beeper doesn't work now.
              Thanks for the help

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X