99 cc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 cc

New to the forum. I've been looking for my first golf car for a few months trying to absorb as much information as possible and I just joined this form tonight for some of your experts advise. I am currently considering a 99 CC DS with a 48V system, batteries are two months old. Are there any disadvantages to some of these older carts vs the newer Precedent? Does the speed controller severly reduce the driving range vs the newer controllers? How much driving time would be realistic with full charge on flat terrain? ANy problem areas I need to inspect ?

If you are considering a cart I have a very nice cart I built this past winter for my daughter that I'm going to sell. She has moved out and it's not worth it to keep it.

$3000.00 has new batteries and custome wiring to boot. This cart tackled the CAW back in March and had no problems at all.
    Has a Marine radio with CD, 48 volts with 400 amp alltrax controller. #1 welding lead cables and it has a torque Plum Quick motor built for me personally by Robby at PQ.
    U want be disappointed in this cart. It has all the power u need.

sigpic
    I'm here to help!
    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Looks like a very nice cart, but too much for me at this time. I'm just trying to get in the game and want to know of any pitfalls with the 99CC with new 48V battery pack. Particularly interested in the speed controller and the run time since I assume this uses a resistor bank to controll the speed.

Comment

if it uses resistor stay away, there were no 48 volt resistor carts. there were three units that year 36 volt series, 48 volt series, and 48 volt Regen/Sepex.

Comment

Looking at the cart it has a light kit, lift kit, PQ high speed motor, new paint, new seat, and back storage area, stereo??, cigarette lighter???, new batteries, cables, heck he even has a little white dog he will toss that into the deal also.

Make him an offer when you start ordering all this stuff it adds up or make him through in a service contract the batteries alone are about 700 to 900 dollars.
          Updated by gaminde; June 7, 2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

This cart has new everything except for the V-Glid, body and chassis. I will give him a 30 day warrinty with it also. He want buy this cart in Charlotte for this price.
            I know I'm from Charlotte and know what people there ask for carts there.
            sigpic
            I'm here to help!
            There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

I recently bought a 2000 DS and the batteries are now about 2 mos. old, I've driven 5 miles to the golf course, played 18 holes and driven back home and the battery indicator is only down to the next bar below full charge. It has some mods (not sure what) and will go 25 mph. It's 48V non-regen version and the batteries are Interstates. I say go for it, if you like the cart! The Precedents cost more money, and I like the looks, but can't tell you the advantages, except the earlier ones had 4-12 volt batteries and I hear they don't last as long as the 6-8 volt systems.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X