Won't charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't charge

when I plug in my charger, the charger hums for a few seconds and then trips the breaker on the charger. Any suggestions on what the problem may be?

Most likely diodes

Comment

Also use a hydrometer and check every cell in your battery pack before replacing anything.

Comment

What exactly am I looking for when I check the cells. And if it is the diodes, where are they and how do you change them?

Comment

Your going to need a hydrometer from the auto parts store, you suck up a small amount of acid from each cell and there is a float inside that you read a number off of its called specific gravity.

but most likely it going to be diodes inside of the charger either a 2" square thing about 1/2 inch thick with 4 wires or a strip of aluminum with 3 wires going to it.

do a google search for checking diodes depending on what you have.

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

ok, I used a different charger and The needle pegged all the way over on the high side and then if popped the breaker after about 3 or 4 minutes. On my charger the needle stays all the way at the bottom and it pops the breaker after about 10 seconds. Any ideas on what I should look for now?

Comment

Put an automotive charger on each battery one at a time for 3 of hours each.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X