Help with a DS Clud Car charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a DS Clud Car charge

Hi guys, new person here. I know very little about golf carts. My elderly neighbor has been trying to charge his batteries with no luck

After doing some digging, this is a Club Car, DS. I can't find any tag identifying it, but found a picture on the site to confirm it. The cart has 6 - 8 volt batteries, new last year. The average voltage of each battery is about 2.7 volts. I cleaned all the connections first.

I have tried using a 12 volt charger to try to bring this up, with little to no results. I know the cart charger (Powerdrive2) will not kick in, when the voltage is low. I believe under 26 volts.

Someone on another forum, told me you can use a jumper wire as a way to "Bypass" the sensor for low voltage.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
    Updated by mkfrd9; May 7, 2012, 03:19 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Yup,

It is possible to connect a jumper wire across the safety circuit and "force" the charger to charge. There should be a small Bosch style relay in the charger. Can you put up some photos of the batteries and the charger in question??

You might be ok with respect to the age of the batteries.

How long has the cart sat without being charged?

Comment

Keep using the 12 volt charger, use it on one battery at a time, they can all stay hooked up.
      Know lots of people from pleasant hill and Lowell.

Comment

I did get this solved. I found a diagram on jumper location and tried to charge the batteries. It started immediately at about 2 amps and was up to 10 amps, in about 10 minutes. I left it charge for about an hour. I stopped charging, topped the batteries with distilled water, and removed the jumper wire in the charger. As soon as I plugged it back in, it began charging. It pinned the needle at 15 amps, then tapered off. I left the charger connected, until it timed off. I then reset the OBC, following instructions I found on this forum. The cart has been functional, ever since.

Comment

The good news is, it's running again. The "bad" news is, my neighbor parked the cart under his slideout and hasn't used it since. Oh well.

Comment

Did your neighbor at least take the cart for a spin before he parked it???

Comment

I think he forgot it was fixed. He does use it to drive around the park with his little dog. It's been two weeks since it was fully charged and he has probably used it about six times. Still going strong.

Mukwonago, huh? I lived in the Dousman area for about 30 years, before retiring and moving out here.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X