2009 club car ,radio problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 club car ,radio problems

my club car came with ,am/fm cd player. when the cart is off the radio is perfect no static/interference. when i put it in forward or reverse and hit the accelarator, i get static please help

Check the radio wiring and make sure it isn't near the controller are the cables for the motor are any other wiring for the drive system.

Most of the time you can buy a filter at radio shack for this. Some times they work some times they don't!

Comment

do you know what the filter is called

Comment

Check this out.

http://www.solar-electric.com/nosufefi.html

Comment

there can be many things wrong with the install that will cause this,
          do a google search for automotive noise suppression there are hundreds of helpful sites.

could be
          1 power wires
          2 speaker wires
          3 antenna

Comment

i ordered the suppressors ,they were very cheap.now i hope they work. its not anything to do with radio installation. my friend has a audio shop ,and he tried 3 different radios on a battery that wasnt connected to the cart, and drove it around and still had the static,when the pedal was pushed. thank you very much, all responses is greatly appreciated

Comment

Just make sure non of the wires are anywhere close to the drive system wiring. Ignition wiring is over looked most times if it turns the radio on/off.

I hope it works for you.

One more thing, the antenna isn't mounted to the metal of the cart is it? If so this could be the problem. It shouldn't be it will be a direct ground back to batteries.

Comment

antenna is mounted underneath cart,tyraped up. i really dont think it is anything with that, due to my audio guy hooked up 3 different radios, hooked up to a separate batterynot involved with cart at all, and while riding it all started again/damn static. i do not know much about carts,but it is driving me up the wall. i believe its the motor throwing off a frequency and interuppting fm radio.

Comment

Ok don't get mad at me !! when I said installation I was talking about

1 antenna under cart, antennas need a ground plane to work when attached to a auto the whole body of the car is the ground plane. also all signal going to the antenna is going through the motor, controller, and battery wire noise.

2 not putting some type of interference device on all power cables and speeker wires.

These carts are pulsing very high current at a high frequency there will be noise !!

How is it now connected to power
                  a. using a voltage converter
                  b. using one/two batterys

when using a spair battery where was it up front was it connected to the other batteries did you try grounding it to the other batteries.

I really could go on and on.

Comment

This is one of the things that you have to be carefull on when trying to help. We were asked for our opinion and for some reason people take offense when you answer there question. Go figure!
                    When we answer question's that the person wanted answered we are not sitting in front of the cart so it's a start at the most common problem and go from there are what we have seen in the past.

kfd358 its not anything to do with radio installation. my friend has a audio shop ,and he tried 3 different radios on a battery that wasnt connected to the cart, and drove it around and still had the static,when the pedal was pushed. thank you very much, all responses is greatly appreciated
                    Well that should have been in the first post don't you think? It sure would help us out knowing what was happening.

We are not trying to say anything about the person are the cart personally just trying to get out as much info as we can.
                    We are all trying to

Updated by andy4639; May 3, 2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

So let me understand this correctly. I'm familiar with the ground plane cuz I have a CB mounted on my motorcycle.

So the frame of these carts is NOT a ground, hence there are always two wires going to the 12v accessories like lights, and radios.

So the ground plane on a golf cart must be VERY small, basically it is only the main negative cable that goes from the battery to the motor.

There is, as mentioned before, LOTS of DC current. This high current also makes a large magnetic field around the current carrying conductors, ie, all the battery cables and electronic controllers and such.

In a car, the entire vehicle is the ground plane. The electrical noise in a car is only found in the vehicles charging, and ignition systems. See where I'm going with this yet??

Golf cart, small ground plane, lots of electrical noise.

Car, large ground plane, very little electrical noise.

Looks like routing ALL wires as far from any high current wires would be recommended. Adding filters is ok, as long as wires from the filter are nowhere near any battery cables and such.

Do you have interference when playing the CD player???

We use a lot of shielded cable where I work. This cable will be lined with foil to "shield" the wires from any magnetic interference. You would connect one end of the shielding to your ground plane. The other end of the shield near your electronic device would not be connected to anything.
                      Updated by timflury; May 3, 2012, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I'll just about bet the CD works fine are SD card are MP-3. I know on my monster cart the radio sucks but I have the SD card with about 250 songs that I like so it's all good.

Comment

Hey guys,in no means was I trying to offend anyone, or or not did I take any offense by the response I got,all the help I am getting is appreciated so much. Cd player works perfectly fine while.driving cart,so does phone. It is just radio while driving I get static

Comment

If you want to play around and try something find yourself a piece of sheet metal 2 by 2 foot just lay it on the roof and connect ground to it jumper cables are okay set your antenna on the sheet metal on the roof touching the grounding part of the antenna to the metal that alone should block part of the static. Antenna should be a straight up and down not lying horizontally.

Comment

Yup gaminde.!!! Ya gotta create your own ground plane on an electric cart if you wanna listen to the radio.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              X