Lt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lt.

my 1988 36 volt vglide--need to know how to test solenoid.Lt.

Posted earlier by Lt. View Post
    my 1988 36 volt vglide--need to know how to test solenoid.Lt.
    are you on another forum also, I was trying to help someone with the same year and problem. if so we can keep it here.

Comment

Gaminde, I posted this in his introduction post a few minutes ago. I will keep all my responses here as well and go back and delete a portion of my post.
      First lets see if the batteries are connected properly, can you measure the voltage at the charger receptacle, it should be 37v-38v.
      Second, if that's OK put a 6ga jumper across the large terminals of the main solenoid turn on the key and see if it runs.

Comment

By jumping solenoid to cart moves. Replaced solenoid same result no go. How can I perform solenoid test. Thanks Lt.

Comment

I may try another forum, not yet Lt.

Comment

Posted earlier by Lt. View Post
            By jumping solenoid to cart moves. Replaced solenoid same result no go. How can I perform solenoid test. Thanks Lt.
            The 2 small posts on the solenoid are the coil and should have continuity.
            The 2 large posts on the solenoid are the power contacts and will have no continuity unless the coil is energized.
            How it works:
            When power from the ignition switch and throttle switch is engaged and supplies power to the solenoid coil. When the coil is energized it closes the large contacts on the solenoid and allows the flow of power to the motor/controller etc.
            Updated by dougmcp; January 11, 2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Take a jumper wire from small terminal to + OF BATTERY THEN THE OTHER SMALL TERMINAL TO - of batteries and see if it will move. Check micro switch and key switch to see if they are letting the juice threw.

Comment

Ok I will try this in am. Thanks Much

Comment

what if the solenoid is just clicking????

Comment

If it clicks and does nothing replace it.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X