Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clubcar ds 36 volt motor won't run

Hello everyone. New to this forum but found it because I am having similar problems. I have recently been working on my golf cart, and have been having similar problems. I have put in brand new batteries and cables, purchased and installed a new F&R switch, and bought a new master solenoid. My cart still clicks five times when I hit the accelerator and will not move. I put a volt meter on the master solenoid and it shows 36 volts intitially and when I press the accelerator it drops to 17 or so, but still no movement. Anything else that could be wrong? Something I should check? I could have some wires wrong possibly, but would I be getting 36 volts if I did? Thanks for the help everyone.

Welcome to the forums! When did you put in brand new batteries and how long have they been in with out you charging them? Because your batteries are weak, real weak for new batteries. If it only has 36 volts that means the batteries are less than half charged. Each 6 volt battery has above 8 volts in it when fully charged. So a fully charged pack of batteries will have about 50 volts total in the set. To fix this, try charging again. Or take the batteries out and individually charge them, then wire the back up using a wiring diagram to make sure that everything is ok.

I also moved this post and made it into its own thread.
    Regards

Comment

Sounds peculiar.
      Is this a resistor or controller cart?
      Did you install all these things at the same time or were you changing parts hoping to fix a problem?
      When did the cart last run? Before changing parts?
      First thing to do is check that you have the batteries installed correctly and that the F-N-R switch is also wired correctly.
      Measure the pack voltage at the charger port. A fully charged 36v cart should have 38.2v to be 100% but the cart will run even if the voltage is down as low as 35.5v.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X