96 Club Car Power Wis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Club Car Power Wis

I need a wiring diagram fo a 96 power wise club car.we are only showing 45V in the batteries. The after market charger may not work.Help

Is this a 36v or 48v cart?
    Are you looking for the wiring diagram for the cart or the charger?
    Does the charger come on?
    What is the charging voltage?
    What are the battery voltages?

Comment

The Charger is 36 or 48V after jumping from small yellow wire on selinoid to main bat gd. it show 50v .without the jumper it show only the Batt, Voltage 45v.

Comment

We are not gettin Voltage to slide switch. Would it in the charge controler or the computer/

Comment

Not trying to be a smartazz and no disrespect meant but I must be getting old and my reading comprehension skills are waning.
          Do you have a charger problem? Is it a Powerwise charger?
          Updated by dougmcp; March 27, 2011, 10:55 PM.

Comment

No this is not a power wise charger.They assured me it would work when i bought it.I am not sure that is the entire problem or not .

Comment

What kind of charger is it?
              Brand?
              Model number?
              Voltage?
              Do you have an OBC on your Club Car?
              Updated by dougmcp; March 28, 2011, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
                Not trying to be a smartazz and no disrespect meant but I must be getting old and my reading comprehension skills are waning.
                Do you have a charger problem? Is it a Powerwise charger?
                Give him a break hes 73 years old
                Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
                  Give him a break hes 73 years old
                  I'm pretty patient, we'll get to the bottom of the problem, it just may take a few exchanges.

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
                    I'm pretty patient, we'll get to the bottom of the problem, it just may take a few exchanges.
                    Stick to it man!! I must have a very good mood today because I was laughing seeing you try and figure out what he was saying.
                    Regards

Comment

The Charger is a LV3648 Ser # 0899001488 Fully automatic Charger.It is 17 amp microprocessor controled. The cart does have an OBC.I stated it was a power wise.It actually says power drive.

Comment

LVS chargers have had a pretty bad reputation as far as reliability and customer service is concerned.
                        The LVS3648 has been famous for working fine then just quitting and no one has been able to get them serviced.
                        I was just on their website and found that that model seems to have disappeared from their offerings.
                        If a dealer gave you this charger and says it works, I would put the ownness back on them to prove that it works, get it fixed or replace it.
                        If you want to try to troubleshoot and fix it yourself, the LVS phone number is 305-889-3464.
                        Their website is here: http://www.lvssales.com/index-Chargers.html

One more thing, unless your cart has been modified by bypassing the OBC, I don't think the LVS charger is compatible with the Club Car.
                        Club Car uses the OBC to control the charge and Club Car chargers have no circuit to do so.
                        LVS chargers are self contained with the charging control built into the circuitry. They work on all carts like Ezgo, Yamaha etc but not CC.

If you want some help trying to diagnose it:
                        1) post your battery voltages
                        2) plug the charger into the cart
                        3) turn the charger on
                        4) post the charging voltages as well

You do not need to disconnect anything to measure the voltages at rest or while charging.

Comment

The only we have tried so far is putting a jumper from the small yellow wire on the selenoid to the main ground on the batt. It will show 50V across the Bat.for a few seconbs and then drops off,Right now the bat. voltage is showing 46V.

Comment

The only thing we have tried so far is putting a jumper from the small yellow wire on the selenoid to the main ground on the batt. It will show 50V across the Bat.for a few seconbs and then drops off,Right now the bat. voltage is showing 46V.
                            Updated by forganfd; March 29, 2011, 05:13 PM.

Comment

If you have a 48v cart, 46v is dead (10% charged).
                              Post the voltage of each battery, they should be nearly 8.5v if they are fully charged.
                              A 48v charger will charge as high as 64v when it is close to the end of the charge cycle. With batteries at 46v it may take 16 hours or more to charge your batteries.
                              Does the cart run?
                              Updated by dougmcp; March 29, 2011, 05:31 PM.

Comment

No It doesnt show any voltage at the slide switch.Thats not the proper name for it but that is what i call it.

Comment

Forget the jumpers and slide switch (F-N-R) for now. I seem to be having trouble communicating my thoughts so I will only post one question at a time.
                                  What are your individual battery voltages?
                                  Updated by dougmcp; March 29, 2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Hey forganfd, what voltage is your cart? 36 or 48 volts? I don't see it posted, sorry if I missed it.
                                    Regards

Comment

The Bat. Voltage is as follows 798,832,783,801,830,848. I was refering to the V glide not the F&R switch.I am going to leave that charger on and check the Bat. again in the morning.I have put a load test on them and they dont draw down but some arent comming to full charge.

Comment

Batteries 1 & 3 are only at about 20% charged and the rest are between 50% and 90%.
                                        You either have a bad couple of batteries or they still need to be charged some more.
                                        Your charger, if it's working, should run at least 10 hours to get these up.
                                        After charging, let them rest overnight and then see what voltages they are again.
                                        Here is a state of charge chart I did that may help you:

Updated by dougmcp; March 30, 2011, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks I may have to find aboard for the old charger that was with the cart. This cart is used as a utility vehicle around town.Small town of 500 cant afford good equip.

Comment

? will a power drive 2 charger work on my cart that is just a power drive

Comment

If the connector is the same, the power drive 2 charger should work for your cart.
                                              Updated by dougmcp; April 1, 2011, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I have 50.3 V in Batt. Stll not power across selinoid will a bad controller cause this and how do I check the controller. All of my micro switches are good .48V powerdrive cart.

Comment

Check that the run/tow switch is in the run mode.
                                                  Check your fuses.
                                                  You can jump the large terminals on the solenoid with a 6ga wire to see if the controller works and drives the cart.

Comment

I have not found the run tow swtch do all power drives have them. We have an E-z go that has on but have not located one on this cart.I will try jumping across the selinoid and see what happens. They told me to send that charger back it is under warranty.Thanks for the help . I imagine I will be back.

Comment

I never thought about it much but do you have a series motor cart or a sepex motor cart? Series carts do not have a run/tow switch.

Comment

I have not located the run tow switch do all carts have one.We have an E-Z Go that has one. I will look some more for it.Thanks.

Comment

How do I tell wich motor i have

Comment

The difference between series and sepex is the F-N-R switch on a series cart is a handle and on a sepex cart it is a slide switch.
                                                            A series motor has terminal markings of A1, A2, S1 and S2.
                                                            A sepex/regen motor has terminal markings of A1, A2, F1 and F2.

Comment

I jumped the selinoid and the cart moved does thi mean I definately have a bad controler. Is it posible a wire inside the loom is broken.

Comment

Posted earlier by forganfd View Post
                                                                I jumped the selinoid and the cart moved does thi mean I definately have a bad controler. Is it posible a wire inside the loom is broken.
                                                                The fact that the cart moves is indicative of a bad solenoid, check that you are getting power to the small terminals.
                                                                You can meter the solenoid, small terminals should have continuity and the large terminals should show open until the coil gets power.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                                                X