Battery Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Question

I just purchased an old Par Car '79. The cart looks to be in great condition.
    After getting it to the course I realized the batteries were not as good as the seller had led me to believe. I haven't even played a full 18 with the cart without it getting very sluggish, so I know I need new batteries but don't have the $ at this time. Has anyone tried any of the desulfation methods I have seen around on the net? I have seen some about epson salt which seems to be a quick clean with some downsides (plate damage) and have also seen electronic desuphators. If anyone has any input on this it would be great! I'll check each indiviual battery before I do anything else, and then a slow deep charge and go from there.

So far just doing a voltage check I got 37.4 V across the bank and all the cells checked between 2.00 V - 2.10 V ( most around 2.07) with 1 low cell at 1.87
    I unplugged the charger and plugged it back in so it would run another cycle (was charging at about 8 amps when I last checked) and tested the voltage while charging and got around 46 V. What is the best way to hook up a standard 12V charger so I can put it on a slow 2 amp trickle charge for a day. I'm thinking 3 groups of 2 batteries in series with the 3 groups jumped in parallel connection. Would this work?
    Attached Files

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X