• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jake's disc brakes install on a CC

has anyone installed the front disc brake kit from jake's on their club car
    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
    sigpic

The install is pretty straight forward. The hydraulics are pre-charged but Im not sure about the application on the old Caroche carts. The guys at Jakes are pretty good with help.

Comment

i talked with them already, what they're not sure of is how the steering linkage is on a caroche. I told them that CC still ran out some of the old frames with early style ds type body made to fit that frame so they suggested a certain kit number. but i won't be using their master cylinder because the caroche come stock with rear hydrolic brakes. Do you have any pics of one installed?
      Updated by dwon5; February 8, 2012, 06:27 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't see a real issue with the Jakes kit. It basically hangs a disc on your existing hub and uses stud extensions to space the wheel out for the caliper clearance. I think it will increase your wheel track width as well.
        My neighbor has Jakes on his lifted Ezgo but it is nothing like yours and I don't have a photo of what it might look like on your cart.

Comment

jake's concern was the spindles from the 81and up kit matching the spindles on the 76 caroche. then I remebered that my wife's 96 ds is sitting next to the caroche took a look and they will work. da
          sigpic

Comment

Will you have enough fluid in the old reservoir to handle 4 brakes instead of the original 2?

Comment

that I did think of checking and it will
              sigpic

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X