is this a good charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this a good charger

I found this on e-bay. first is it a good charger worth250 and has any body dealt with L>V>S golf cars before?
    4800 Heavy Duty Charger
    Fully Automatic 48 Volt 25 Amp Golf Cart Battery Charger.Totally AutomaticMicroprocessor25 Amps Output
    @ 48 Volts Here is what happens.....
    After your batteries are used and charged (each time) a certain amount of sulfate sticks to the chargers plates. This causes the batteries to loose power and eventually go bad.
    Our NEW charger has a DESULPHATE mode built into the programming. Every time you start the charger it will first go into the disulphide mode and remove as much sulfate as it can.
    There has not been a portable charger like our 4800 that is not only a really strong 25 amp charger, but it also renews your batteries plates to give it new life. Please understand if all of the plates are bare of the lead, it will not do any good, but 80-87 % of all batteries can receive from a 1 to a 4 year extension on its life. This alone will pay for your charger quickly.
    NO other charger made can pay for itself and give you a return for ever.
    Try this charger on your batteries today....and if you have a 36 volt system add a couple extra 6 volt batteries and make up a 48 volt pack to also be able to save your 36 volt pack. DO NOT try and use this on just a bank of 36 volt batteries, they all must total 48 volts to use our charger.
    Lower than almost ALL chargers that does no more than only charge your batteries......
    If you are not using this charger you are losing money and throwing away possible good batteries.
    Attached Files
    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
    sigpic

depends on the price
    no ammeter

Comment

Posted earlier by gaminde View Post
      depends on the price
      no ammeter
      price is $250 in the add
      sigpic

Comment

25 amp for $250
        if i needed one I would try it

Comment

Trying not to burst your bubble here but LVS has about the worst name in the business as far as warranty and customer service is involved.

Their desulfate mode is BS in my opinion, if your batteries need desulfating it requires a long time to do this.......days to weeks with constant observation.
          Golf cart batteries if charged after using and not left to run dead will not sulfate in the first place and the finishing stage (equalization) on most chargers will take care of any small sulfation build up.

Comment

Yes I have seen the same responses from people about LVS. 25 amps $250 and the fact I know I can make it run without there board, and just the transformer is this much from club car, I could wire it up like a club car charger with out the board for maybe 10 - 15 bucks. But then Im stuck with the OBC or manual timer.

There are lots of chargers out there 17 - 18 amps for $275 range
            Updated by gaminde; January 28, 2012, 12:29 PM.

Comment

that is what i like about this forum you get the good answers thanks all
              sigpic

Comment

Dave, try this if you are looking for a charger, good company.
                Link: EV Drives Battery Chargers

Comment

thanks Doug
                  sigpic

Comment

That's the site I was looking for. I have it bookmarked on the computer in the shop not in the office

Comment

Ok did some research on one of there chargers ACCUSENSE CHARGE SERIES
                      FULLY AUTOMATIC BATTERY CHARGER.

It looks like this circuit board will work in a club car charger as a replacement for OBC and it costs $124.00

and you can toss the OBC
                      Updated by gaminde; January 28, 2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

i want to find a good quality charger to give to who ever wins the caroche i've picked up a used 48volt to use for now
                        sigpic

Comment

My favorite is the DPI charger, 5 stage charging and very few failures.

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
                            My favorite is the DPI charger, 5 stage charging and very few failures.

I like those chargers to Doug. Haven't herd anything bad on them either.

$280.00 on e-bay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Golf-Cart-Ba...item3f0e8d7233
                            sigpic
                            I'm here to help!
                            There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

I am a new guy, but wanted to let you know I just bought one of these for my 96 Precedent, and it is charging as I post this. I could not find another 25 amp charger for the money. It was about 285 shipped to Arkansas. OK, disclaimer, I live here, but am not from here.
                              I did the mod to the OBC wiring, and put a splice from the black charger wire to the neg bat term for the 48V supply. Mod cost me about 5 bucks for the 10 ga wire, term ring, and quick splice connector.
                              Charger has 1 year warranty, and is made in Mexico.
                              You know all I know.

Comment

I have to agree with the above post. DPI is by far one the best battery chargers out there.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                X