1976 club car caroche street rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1976 club car caroche street rod

i built this cart over the late summer thru late fall last year so i'll post pix of it now on this forum, some of you may be familiar with the build. the first few are the concept/ layout phase. i'll have to do this in chunks to do all the pixs. In pixs to come you'll see the use of a ez-go txt front cowl as a trunk lid. For all the photoes go to http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ1QQtppZZ32
    Attached Files
    interesting
    100.00%
    boring
    0.00%
    Updated by dwon5; January 14, 2012, 03:29 PM.
    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
    sigpic

I love the fiberglass work. You have great imagination.

Comment

Great work! I like it
      Regards

Comment

here are some more pix.roll bar is fabricated and the windshield and frame are mocked up notice the use of an ez go front cowl i had laying around. makes a good trunk lid
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

body work nearly done and geting ready to paint
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

I like it. There is one here for sell for $500 running. I've been thinking about buying it. I like your glass work to. I really like the trunk lid idea! I may have to use that one.
            sigpic
            I'm here to help!
            There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

for a go fast cart you already have rear hydraulic brakes stock on a caroche which you can still get parts for, PQ can build that motor to do what ever you want or i know of a differnt place that i won't mention on this forum( pm me for that)the price $500 is real good.here is what it looks like from the rear after piant if you have new seat skins made make sure you give whoever is doing it the wood demensions because the caroche seat is wider then a ds
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

this is when the body came back from paint. the side pipes are done. roll bar painted and installed and the new seat skins are here and the rims and tires. i also installed the grill graphics
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

It appears from the pictures that you do very good body and paint work! I especially like the paint/seat color choices, they go very well with each other! 1 question, are those side pipes operational?
                  Regards

Comment

no, it's a 36 soon to be 48volt cart but they look cool don't they
                    sigpic

Comment

Yep I see the batteries now, shucks! Yes they do look very cool
                      Regards

Comment

bumpers are on the plexi windshield is form (forgot how much of a pain forming 1/4 inch plexi can be) new floor mat is done as are the rocker panels. next pics will be the shifter- B&M with lock bar. oh yeah, had to get a new dash out of that place in Alabama. the original one was in worse shape then the cart was. also the steering column is done in brushed aluminum (peel and stick type stuff) easy to install and alot cheaper then stainless just as durable though just remember to seal the seam with clear finger nail polish. I used my wife's but she does not know it.
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

Impressive!

Comment

So how did you get the windshield like that? Curved at the edges?
                            Regards

Comment

as soon as i figure out how to post video I'll do an instructional on it.it involves a heat gun and a form and alot of patience. if you heat plexiglass too much you will cause bubbling which is actually the moisture in the plexi getting released then trapped . lexon is a little more forgiving though
                              sigpic

Comment

Posted earlier by dwon5 View Post
                                as soon as i figure out how to post video I'll do an instructional on it.it involves a heat gun and a form and alot of patience. if you heat plexiglass too much you will cause bubbling which is actually the moisture in the plexi getting released then trapped . lexon is a little more forgiving though
                                Post the video to www.youtube.com and put a link to it here!
                                Regards

Comment

cool I'll do it when i do the rear light on a 800 series pargo I'm about to start doing my thing on. the rear kinda looks like a '58-'62 vette's so that what the concept build will be,the front end will be fun this is a video of the cart as it is now
                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PFhgj5OabH4
                                  Updated by dwon5; January 17, 2012, 05:04 PM. Reason: added vidio link
                                  sigpic

Comment

this is what the lights look like
                                    Attached Files
                                    sigpic

Comment

well here are some more pics with the graphics all in place the headlights install
                                      Attached Files
                                      sigpic

Comment

Interesting
                                        Regards

Comment

Just an update . looks like this build is going from one I'm keeping to being a build for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. I meet with Mr. Eric Slough The Executive Directer of their Northwest Ohio Region this week to finalize every thing. For those of you that don't know you have alot of paperwork you have to deal with when ever you do something with them. I'll post things in a new build thread that will have all the details, pictures of what will be done to the drive system, logistics of locations where it will be and all the Make-A-Wish information. So I've got alot of design work to do. A lot of what I want to do to that cart yet will be far from stock everyday normal things. This cart will be virtually brand new when finished for this project so I'm putting off other projects like the Par-go/'58 vette concept build and the 89 marathon build for now. I just Hope I'm up to it this year. The 82 harley I did for them last year was very hard on me because of disability.
                                          Updated by dwon5; January 22, 2012, 09:06 PM.
                                          sigpic

Comment

I have known Dave for a year or so and am amazed at the things he manages to get done with the disability he has. he is a man that gives to all in need. the work he dose for his neighbors at no charge is amazing . the work on golf carts is out standing. The fact that he makes it so people who would not have a cart can get one and at a good price says a lot about the mans heart. the work and effort he put out last year for make a wish nearly did him in. The fact that he is thinking about doing that again this year is the kind of thing he does just to help.

Comment

heeck i only paid him $1 buck to post that what a friend
                                              sigpic

Comment

Posted earlier by mike64 View Post
                                                I have known Dave for a year or so and am amazed at the things he manages to get done with the disability he has. he is a man that gives to all in need. the work he dose for his neighbors at no charge is amazing . the work on golf carts is out standing. The fact that he makes it so people who would not have a cart can get one and at a good price says a lot about the mans heart. the work and effort he put out last year for make a wish nearly did him in. The fact that he is thinking about doing that again this year is the kind of thing he does just to help.
                                                A true giver.

heeck i only paid him $1 buck to post that what a friend
                                                He must be a great friend if he only charged you $1 for all those glowing comments.

Comment

had to fix his cart too
                                                  Updated by dwon5; February 3, 2012, 01:13 PM.
                                                  sigpic

Comment

had to fix his cart too
                                                    And he still charged you $1, I'd reconsider the friendship....

Comment

I would but his wife makes a killer cup of coffee
                                                      sigpic

Comment

I would but his wife makes a killer cup of coffee
                                                        That sounds like the deal maker right there!

Comment

Based on the old GTO hood mounted tach, here's a pod I came up with to mount either over the cup holder or directly behind the center scoop:
                                                          Click to enlarge
                                                          Attached Files
                                                          Updated by dougmcp; February 6, 2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

That is !

I like it man great job!

You shouldn't have any problem selling tickets and the Charlotte Auto fair is one great place to get tickets sold.
                                                            sigpic
                                                            I'm here to help!
                                                            There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

the rest of this build is the make a wish build thread
                                                              sigpic

Comment

lets jump to the finished cart. this is all that i di to it;
                                                                The golf cart is a 1976 Club Car Caroche concept streetrod. It has been completely rebuilt for 48 volt electric high performance drive system . All the electrical components and wiring are brand new. It has a Curtis 400 amp 48 volt controller, 400 amp 48 volt solenoid, a Contractor PTX Unibody Reversing 400 Amp 48VDC and the motor was completely rebuilt and up-graded by Plum Quick motors. The golf cart is street legal with low and high beam halogen headlights, led brake/tail lights , turn signals and 4 way emergency flashers along with seat belts. It has blue underbody lights. It has hydraulic brakes that were completely rebuilt with new master cylinder, wheel cylinders, brake lines and of course new brake shoes. The tire are brand new Hooser's on the front (18.5 x 6 -10) and rear (20.5 x 10 - 10) of the cart along with new rims. It has a GPS speedometer, state of charge meter and a hours of use meter. The body has been customized for this project. The body was painted by the Automotive Collision Repair program at Penta Career Center. The seats were custom made by Par5 customs, out of marine grade material and roll bar was custom made for this cart. It has a reverse camera that is ran through the rear view monitor. The monitor has two different video inputs, one for seeing behind you just like a rearview mirror and when stationary it can be used as a monitor for playing movies. The in dash stereo is a Pyle PLD96MU am/fm-mpx, DVD / VCD / SVCD / CD / MP3 / MP4 player receiver with usb/sd/mmc card reader built in, with an output of 4x80 rms (320 watts total power). The speakers for the system are JVC 6x9 rear. It has a built in 12 volt charge receptacle for charging cell phones, I-pod and other personal electronic devises. The windshield and frame were custom made for this project. All the wheel bearing have been replaced. It has a B&M shifter with locking bar that has been modified for this build. The cart comes with brand new napa 8148, 8 volt deep cycle batteries (6) and a new 12 volt deep cycle battery. It has a new built in charger for the 12 volt system and comes with a new 48 volt charger for the drive system
                                                                Attached Files
                                                                sigpic

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                                                X