Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windshield and all weather enclosures, heaters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield and all weather enclosures, heaters?

2005 CC needs a windshield and an all weather enclosure.

It seems that most of the windshields sold on the internet are between $85 and about $110. 1/4 inch thick. Any suggestions as to which windshield is easiest to install, most maint. free, etc.??

We have been reading up on the all weather enclosures and Sunbrella has one for $309.95 on one site, looks pretty good in their photos. I will pause for the laughter to die down. Plus they sell matching seat covers (ours have three small tears that will only get worse). We have used Sunbrella products with good results. Any suggestions appreciated.

Heaters? Is the 48 volt heater worth the cost and installation when you can get the heaters that sit in the drink holder. Coleman CartCat I think they called it. I understand the CartCat is cheaper going in, but the little propane bottles might add up pretty quick. Then again, the 48 volt heater might suck the power out of my batteries pretty fast. Opinions??

Thanks for your time.

Posted earlier by sacfo View Post

Heaters? Is the 48 volt heater worth the cost and installation when you can get the heaters that sit in the drink holder. Coleman CartCat I think they called it. I understand the CartCat is cheaper going in, but the little propane bottles might add up pretty quick. Then again, the 48 volt heater might suck the power out of my batteries pretty fast. Opinions??

Thanks for your time.
    You might be better off integrating the full sized BBQ propane bottle heater within your cart if you plan on refilling as less as possible. One thing I like about gas carts, they all come with built in seat warmers standard. When the engine warms up and your sitting on that seat, its better than any heater out there in my opinion. Check out norther tools, they have almost any option http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...ves-fireplaces

Edit: Watch out when you call NorthenTool, was going to place an order today over the phone and the sales rep was very nasty to me while I was very nice. I will keep their link up only because they have a good catalog of heaters for reference, but I don't advise buying from them.
    Attached Files
    Regards

Comment

I have a heater like that and you are right, it is great for heating. Where do you store the 5 gallon bottle? In the back where the bags would usually go?? I could get a longer hose so that the burner/heater would be on the dash.

Comment

Can you post up the site where you found the sunbrella enclosures for $300, the price seems awfully low.
        I would avoid the 48v heaters as they are not very efficient and are reall yhard on batteries.
        I have the Coleman that fits in the cup holder and it works OK. These are radiant heaters and only heat what's in front of them.
        They get pretty hot so you have to be careful not to get them too close to things.
        Mine is not too hard on fuel cylinders, I think they get about 8 hours of run time and only cost about $2.50 apiece at Sam's Club.
        Here's what mine looks like:

Comment

Here is the address for the Sunbrella:

http://www.cartbarn.com/sunbrella-fa...res-p-257.html

I am not sure how much info we can post here, like their phone numbers, etc.
          but they describe the product and it seems to be a good deal. But photos can be deceiving, as well as how hard it is to install the cover.

Windshields may be the same way. And the way you attach a windshield to your cart vary in quality and difficulty of installation.

Even putting a carpet in can be misleading. I think this cart sat out in the weather a lot (purchased from a golf course my SIL said).

Comment

I have a heater like that and you are right, it is great for heating. Where do you store the 5 gallon bottle? In the back where the bags would usually go?? I could get a longer hose so that the burner/heater would be on the dash.
            Awesome idea, I like your creativity and that sounds great! I couldnt have thought of a better way to make that work.
            Regards

Comment

I am not sure how much info we can post here, like their phone numbers, etc.
              If they are trustworthy, nice, good people, I don't mind. This industry can use good businesses to deal with.
              Regards

Comment

Matti, thank you for the kind words.

"Necessity is the mother of all inventions" or something close to that. Now that we have the heating situation settled, my next problem may be installing the windshield.

Then comes the all weather enclosure. I hope Sunbrella knows what they are talking about on their installations. And since we have 3 small rips in the seat, we thought we would get seat covers matching our all weather enclosure. And of course, gotta have carpet to match as well. Says my wife. $$$$

Comment

I believe that the seat covers have to be stapled on after you remove the old covers. I would check with the supplier on that.
                  The covers we use here where I live are more custom than the over the roof enclosure. They hang from the roof and have individual panels that snap and velcro to the roof and windshield frame.
                  They are also 3 times the price than the one you are looking at so there's no real comparison in the fit.
                  Here's what we use:

Here's a photo of my cart with a custom enclosure:

Comment

Matti, thank you for the kind words.

"Necessity is the mother of all inventions" or something close to that. Now that we have the heating situation settled, my next problem may be installing the windshield.

Then comes the all weather enclosure. I hope Sunbrella knows what they are talking about on their installations. And since we have 3 small rips in the seat, we thought we would get seat covers matching our all weather enclosure. And of course, gotta have carpet to match as well. Says my wife. $$$$
                    You're welcome. Carpet too? Now that's more like it.

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
                    I believe that the seat covers have to be stapled on after you remove the old covers. I would check with the supplier on that.
                    The covers we use here where I live are more custom than the over the roof enclosure. They hang from the roof and have individual panels that snap and velcro to the roof and windshield frame.
                    They are also 3 times the price than the one you are looking at so there's no real comparison in the fit.
                    Here's what we use:

Here's a photo of my cart with a custom enclosure:
                    Nice example pics, Doug.
                    Regards

Comment

A Club Car fold-down windshield (from the dealers) is so easy to install with a socket wrench and a rubber mallet. (I help maintain a fleet of 70). A couple of small bolts and adjoining 18" plastic clamps hold it in. But make sure your model matches what you're buying. Any under $150 is probably a good buy.
                      As for "slip over the top" enclosures, JP Imports is my fav. email JP here: JP4341@flash.net. (No, I don't get a cut of his profits).

Happy Carting!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Going back to the heater idea I do not recommend propane heaters to any of my customers. I typically try to stay away from anything that has a chance of exploding or leaking for heating options. I do recommend the electric heaters and have installed over 30 of the units in carts. To keep them from draining your batteries I would recommended using a 24V-48V to 12V, 25 Amp Voltage Reducer. Hope my insight helps you out.

http://www.***************

Comment

Posted earlier by Bigdog Custom Golf Carts View Post
                          Going back to the heater idea I do not recommend propane heaters to any of my customers. I typically try to stay away from anything that has a chance of exploding or leaking for heating options. I do recommend the electric heaters and have installed over 30 of the units in carts. To keep them from draining your batteries I would recommended using a 24V-48V to 12V, 25 Amp Voltage Reducer. Hope my insight helps you out.

http://www.****************
                          Appreciate the support, but please don't promote your website here like that.
                          Regards

Comment

Great information, sorry I took so long to get back. Been sick and under the weather in general.

I will order a windshield, still not too sure about the Sunbrella system, wish we had a local dealer where I could see what it looks like.

I will order the windshield first, then the all weather type cover. Trouble is, the weather around Sacramento has been so nice.... not like last year when it seemed to rain every day.

I put my CC in my barn out back, not enough room in the garage for all the toys. It is in out of the weather and gives me time to work on it indoors.

Thanks again....Dave

Comment

Glad you're feeling better.
                              You have a local dealer, Nick's Golf Carts in Roseville, I-80, Riverside/Auburn exit and Riverside and Cirby. Website: Nick's Golf Cars
                              1052 Melody Ln., Suite 200
                              Roseville, Ca 95678
                              (916) 773-0606 Local

Comment

There are many different enclosure styles on the market. I like the kind made for the model of cart. I don't care for the shower cap styled enclosures. I am a manufacturer of the first type. I think it just makes the enclosure not look like an afterthought. as for the heaters i have seen a lot of the camper type used in carts in the NW.
                                Lynn
                                Lynn
                                www.mulligansenclosures.com

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                X