LED lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED lighting

Hi, hoping someone can help me. I"m fitting LED lighting to a Clubcar AQ0416, 48v and would like to know if there is an auxiliary point to connect new lamps to. I am fitting an LED headlight (multivolt 10-48, draws .7a @ 24v), and a flashing rear lamp (9-33v, 9watt). Is there a low voltage outlet already supplied? What is the best way to reduce the voltage. The 48v lamp is an absolute max, and the battery voltage will be higher than this when fully charged. Any help much appreciated.
    Cheers

Hi, just found on the forum how to identify car. It is an I.Q. cart.

Comment

to GCF arkkbt!
      The Q in your cart number indicates it's a 2004 IQ cart.
      Do you have a DS or a Precedent?
      Are your batteries 6x8v or 4x12v?
      There are multiple ways to do your lights after we find out what you have.

Comment

I can't see any further ID on it, so I'll try to post pics. It has 6 x 8v batteries. Thanks for your initial reply. Can you ID it from the pics?
        Attached Files
        Updated by arkkbt; October 26, 2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Nice photo's arkkbt! Welcome to the forum!

Matti
          Regards

Comment

Hi, I've confirmed the car is a DS. At this stage I've centre tapped the power supply for the rear LED light (24v). I know it's not good practise, but the draw off is less than .3A. The other lights are rated 10-64v and 10-80v, so they are ok. Is there a 12v or 24v outlet from the OBC on these cars?

Comment

There is no 12v/24v voltage takeoff point on the cart but you can tap the battery pack anywhere you are comfortable for whatever voltage you need. LED lights draw so little you will have no issues but don't forget to put a fuse in your circuit.

Comment

Thanks Doug, I fitted a horn, so have just tapped the LED into the same supply. I've fused both pos and neg cables, in case either of them get grounded. All runs sweet. How long do the batteries take to charge from flat? I notice the charger is only 20A, and this car will be doing up to 40 km in one go.
                Updated by arkkbt; October 31, 2011, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Wow, 40 miles is a lot on a single charge, it could be close if your batteries aren't perfect and fully charged.

I would expect the charger to take at least 8 to 10 hours to recharge.

Comment

I agree with dougmcp.

With the low current rating of the LED lights, you should just hook them to a single battery, or two in series. Just take a multi-meter to get the voltage you require. The low current of the LED lights will make little effect on load balancing of the batteries.

RAH

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X