Electric Golf Cart Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Golf Cart Tutorial

I was wondering if anyone could educate me on the following and what the purpose of each is: solenoid, controller and any other component associated with 48 volt electric carts. Thanks!

p.s. - if this is too cumbersome perhaps there is a book or manual I can access on the web or purchase online

Since they make so many different types of carts, each drive system differs through the years. Have you decided on a golf cart to purchase yet? If so, let me know the year and model and I will explain everything for the system that it has.

PS check the general FAQ for common questions http://www.golfcartsforum.com/genera...ked-questions/
    Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by ZackMan View Post
      I was wondering if anyone could educate me on the following and what the purpose of each is: solenoid, controller and any other component associated with 48 volt electric carts. Thanks!

p.s. - if this is too cumbersome perhaps there is a book or manual I can access on the web or purchase online

Feel free to ask any specific questions.
      Here is a little pictorial of the electrical flow of a cart:

An electric golf cart has 2 circuits:
      1) The power circuit that provides power to the motor through the solenoid and controller.
      2) The control circuit that provides the control functions of on, off, throttle etc.
      In this drawing the solenoid is the contactor.
      The controller acts like a home dimmer switch, it delivers full power to the motor in pulses for a varying amounts of time depending on the position of the throttle.
      Updated by dougmcp; September 16, 2011, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks Doug, you saved me a lot of typing
        Regards

Comment

Thank you both for your responses. I just purchased a 2008 CC Precedent Champion. It has 4 12 volt batteries. I have the owner's manual and am just trying to understand the electrical designations. Believe me, questions will follow. Godspeed!!

ZackMan
          Updated by ZackMan; September 19, 2011, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X