10" or 12" wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10" or 12" wheels

I don't plan to lift my cart but wanted some feedback on what looks better over the stock 8" wheels, 10's or 12's? Anyone have pics of there non lifted cart with either size wheel?
    2005 CC Precedent

It's all a matter of taste between 10" and 12" wheels.
    The least expensive and most readily available is the 10" wheel with 205/50-10 tires. The other size is the 12" wheel with 205/30-12 tires.
    Tire diameter not wheel diameter is the deciding factor in replacing tires on a cart.
    Your cart, like most, comes with 18" diameter tires and the largest size you can install without a lift is 20" diameter.
    Think about looks vs ride quality, the larger Your cart probably has 18- 8.5x8 tires which are 18" diameter, 8.5" wide on an 8" wheel. Increasing the wheel diameter and maintaining the tire diameter makes the tire sidewall shorter and will have a rougher ride.

Here is a stock 8" wheel/tire combo:

This is a 10" with 205/50-10" tire:

And finally a 12" with a 205/30-12" tire:

I run my cart on 10" wheels with the 205/50-10" tire and it is a pretty good compromise.
    It's not a Precedent but here is a photo of my cart with the 10" wheels:
    Attached Files

Comment

First off, nice cart Doug I will look into 10" wheels. Thank you
      2005 CC Precedent

Comment

Great information Doug and nice ride! I prefer the look of 10's on a nonlifted cart. If you are really in the mood to save money and want a fresh look, just buy a set of hub caps for now.
        Regards

Comment

I see that some 10" wheels show a 0 offset and -25 offset. What does this mean and will they both work on a stock non-lifted cart?
          2005 CC Precedent

Comment

Your cart came stock with a 0 offset (centered) and will easily take a small offset without problems. There larger the offset, the more likely it is to hit the fender while turned to full lock position, especially when hitting a bump.
            Normally golf cart wheel offsets are stated by the width and distance from center in inches.
            Example I have 7" wide 10" diameter wheels on my cart that have an off set stated as 3+4 which is from the hub centerline, 3" inside and 4" outside.

Here is a pictorial to explain wheel offsets:

Comment

Posted earlier by erict View Post
              I see that some 10" wheels show a 0 offset and -25 offset. What does this mean and will they both work on a stock non-lifted cart?
              the -25 is negative from center 25mm (1"). If it were an 7" wide wheel this would be 5+2 like the center wheel drawing above.

Comment

Thanks Doug. Here is the wheel I am looking at.

http://trademarkcarts.com/product/65...e-tire-lpstp10

Would the last wheel offset above (8" 4+4) be considered 0 offset since it's centered?
                Updated by erict; September 27, 2011, 12:16 PM.
                2005 CC Precedent

Comment

Nice wheels, look great and should fit and work well with your cart.

Comment

Would the last wheel offset picture above (8" 4+4) be considered 0 offset since it's centered?
                    2005 CC Precedent

Comment

Posted earlier by erict View Post
                      Would the last wheel offset picture above (8" 4+4) be considered 0 offset since it's centered?
                      You are correct. In automotive terms it would be zero offset, in golf cart wheels it may be termed as a 4+4 offset.
                      Updated by dougmcp; September 28, 2011, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
                        You are correct. In automotive terms it would be zero offset, in golf cart wheels it may be termed as a 4+4 offset.
                        I know the offset for automotive use is clearance for brake calipers. But whats the purpose for a golf cart?
                        Updated by erict; September 28, 2011, 10:48 AM.
                        2005 CC Precedent

Comment

Normally aftermarket automotive wheels are cut/machined inside to clear brakes and other steering parts but mostly the offsets are for style and performance, in a golf cart wheel it is similar.
                          Updated by dougmcp; September 28, 2011, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Just a heads up, if you are planning on ordering wheels, BU has a 1 week only free shipping deal going on now.
                            They are the largest in the industry and should be able to get any wheel you want but you may have to call them.
                            Here's the link to the free shipping coupon: http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/landing/FS-1005FS.asp

I seem to remember you were looking at a wheel like this:

Updated by dougmcp; October 5, 2011, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Posted earlier by dougmcp View Post
                              Just a heads up, if you are planning on ordering wheels, BU has a 1 week only free shipping deal going on now.
                              They are the largest in the industry and should be able to get any wheel you want but you may have to call them.
                              Here's the link to the free shipping coupon: http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/landing/FS-1005FS.asp

I seem to remember you were looking at a wheel like this:

Thanks Doug. I will take a look but the wheels I posted in this post have free shipping as well. I am going to purchase them and a few things over the winter while it is stored
                              2005 CC Precedent

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              X