Installin CD/Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installin CD/Radio

If u have an antenna that plugs into your system, do you still need to use the power antenna(blue wire). Also when I push the electric pedal down the sound on the radio station fades out. Why is this happening?

The blue wire is only a signal wire that will either turn on a power antenna or an amplifier and is not required if you are not using either.
    Do you have a 36v or 48v cart?
    How is your radio wired? Directly to batteries? Voltage reducer? Separate battery?
    Does the sound fade out or does the radio go off temporarily then come back on?

Comment

I have 6 batteries in the golf cart. I have an extra (marine) battery in the rear of the golf cart for radio and lights.

I have the radio and lights wired direct--to the extra battery. I have the (red direct to marine battery). I have the (blue, yellow) twisted with the red. I do know that I have to run two seperate lines (yellow/red). For memory and hot. This i will do today.

I have read both--ground to the frame or to the battery. Which is better? I grounded lights and radio direct to the extra 9marine) battery.

If I have the seperate antenna that plugs in the back of the radio/cd player--I do not have to use the blue wire, correct?

Comment

Forgot to answer. The sound fades out and then comes back when you let of the pedal.

Comment

Posted earlier by shersterr11 View Post
          I have 6 batteries in the golf cart. I have an extra (marine) battery in the rear of the golf cart for radio and lights.

I have the radio and lights wired direct--to the extra battery. I have the (red direct to marine battery). I have the (blue, yellow) twisted with the red. I do know that I have to run two seperate lines (yellow/red). For memory and hot. This i will do today.

I have read both--ground to the frame or to the battery. Which is better? I grounded lights and radio direct to the extra 9marine) battery.

If I have the seperate antenna that plugs in the back of the radio/cd player--I do not have to use the blue wire, correct?
          The extra battery is great for accessories. The + and - connections should only go to the battery, never grounded to the cart.
          You don't have to run 2 separate wires for power and memory, just tie the 2 together and you will be fine.
          You don't need to hook up the blue antenna wire, just tape it off.
          Know that when you leave it sitting the memory will always be on and will eventually drain the battery so remember to keep it charged.
          If your radio only, not the CD fades when you throttle up you are getting feedback/interference from the controller or motor.
          Updated by dougmcp; June 13, 2011, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks alot for the information. Workin on it now. Do u have any advice on stopping the interference for the radio fadin out when I accelerate.

Comment

Because of the AC produced by the motor and the alternating pulses produced by the controller, electric golf carts are not real good candidates for a radio. I have heard that some radios are better than others but I don't have one to recommend. IMO it's pretty much the luck of the draw as to whether a radio will work well on a cart.
              If it's radio interference, you could try am RF filter from Radio Shack and it may work.
              If it's voltage sag, remember that auto radios are designed for 13.5v and only operate at +/- 10% or so of that voltage.

Comment

Appreciate the info. I'll try the filter from radio shack and c how that works. I'll let ya know.

Comment

Cool! Keep us posted.

Comment

Well, ran down to Radio Shack and got a pack of 2 filters, but unfortunately it did not solve the problem. The radio sounds great when you turn it on, its just when u step on the gas pedal, its fades really low, where u can still hear it but its really low. Guess I might just have to use the mp3 part of it. Thanks Dave

Comment

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Try relocating the antenna somewhere else and see if it improves.

Comment

it's a problem for many and usually the filters help, but try what doug said and reposition the antenna.
                        Regards

Comment

Thanks guys. Will try the antenna, forgot to mention, my old cd/radio worked fine . The radio worked great even with the gas pedal down. I decided to buy a new system with a mp3 hookup, an started having trouble as soon as I hooked it up.

Comment

Maybe try to find a cd mp3 radio from the same brand, since each manufacturer makes their products different.
                            Regards

Comment

I have the same thing, but I’m not having any problems like you're describing. The first thing you should do is make sure the radio is hooked up correctly.
                              The best thing is to never use tape on anything, buy the splicing kit.
                              The black wire from the radio goes to the negative on the extra battery.
                              The red and yellow wire goes to the positive on the extra battery.
                              The blue wire should have no wire showing then but a splice on it. Nothing else on the other end!
                              The blue wire is only for power antenna or amp.
                              Read all instructions and make sure everything is hooked up correctly. When you’re using a separate battery, you shouldn’t have an issue like you’re having, because it is on its own power source. Check all your speaker wires to make sure they aren’t touching the cart somehow some way.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              X