New to Golf Carts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Golf Carts.

I'm new to golf carts. My dad & I rebuilt car engines and lawnmower engines many years ago and my 91 year old dad still likes too tinker with small engines. We have an EZ GO with a Robin EH29C engine. I finally found the “riveted on” tag with the cart model number. It was painted flat back along with everything else up there. I had to get a light to find it. Anyway, the cart is a 94 GX444 4-cycle Gas Marathon.

The engine runs but smokes a lot and the air filter is full of oil. Last weekend we dropped the whole drive assembly out so we could get to the engine. The engine has virtually no compression as I can easily turn the engine by the centrifugal clutch.

Questions:
    1) It has a comet clutch, what is the best way to remove it?
    2) How hard is it for a couple of people that have a fair amount of mechanical ability to do the needed repairs/rebuild?
    3) Would it be better to find a decent used engine instead of rebuilding this one?
    Attached Files
    Updated by jmrozier; February 7, 2012, 08:19 AM.
    Model Year: 1994
    Make/Model: GX444 4-cycle Gas Marathon
    Serial # 810988
    Manuf Code G1794

the rebuild you can do your self as to the parts they're not that much i would post it in EZ-GO gas section and you'll get alot of advice
    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
    sigpic

Comment

to GCF jmrozier.
      These are pretty simple and fairly cheap to rebuild plus you know what you have in the end.
      After you have 5 posts, plus time for the server to catch up, the complete EH-29/EH-35 engine rebuild manual is here for your use.
      Here's the link: EH-29C/EH-35C Engine Rebuild Manual

Comment

Welcome to Golf Carts Forum, awesome new acquisition!

Matti
        Regards

Comment

Matti,

I am new to posting on forums. Do I need to (re)post my questions in the EZGO Gas area?
          Model Year: 1994
          Make/Model: GX444 4-cycle Gas Marathon
          Serial # 810988
          Manuf Code G1794

Comment

I have a robin EH29C, What is the best way to remove the clutch? Is there a special tool Robin sells or do I just need a 12" puller? Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Comment

What was the best way to remove the clutch?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X