Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with old Yamaha

Hello,

I am new to this forum. My friend and I just inherited a 1982 Yamaha G1 golf cart from his grandfather. The cart is in really good condition, but does needs some work. The front shocks are so worn that they cause the tire to strike the fender when we hit a bump. This has caused some flat tires. Also, the cart smokes when it is warm. I think we have a build up of oil in the muffler. We are lookin for some advice from experienced golf cart owners here.

weclome to the forum. you'll get alot of help , I'm sure some gasser's will be up and on soon to give you advice
    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
    sigpic

Comment

to GCF mineralgray610.
      I'm an electric guy but mufflers on the old 2 strokes were prone to a build up and I think you can burn out the residue by putting it in a fire or just replace the muffler.
      Google "Yamaha G-1 shock" prices are around $50.00 each.

Comment

mineralgray610 Welcome to the golf carts forum. To get better advice please make a thread in the Yamaha Gas section.
        Regards

Comment

If you can find a good auto parts guy, you can take a shock in. they should be able to measure compressed and extended lengths and find u inexpensive subs.

Comment

also..what kind of 2 cycle oil are u using?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X